Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

QuoteSo what is elk konnected doing? Besides taking credit.
Part of me really wants to move to Elk County and be a member of Elk Konnected.
How can I do that when I move?

momof 2boys

I have ran the Howard Ball Club for the past 10 years and Elk Konnected has had nothing to do with it.  However, some of the people that you have complained about are parents that have been very active in the Ball Club and willing to help out whenever there has been a need, (i.e. coaching, concession stand, bringing refreshments for the kids).  I know that both Longton and Howard ball teams receive donations from the county as well as the cities of Longton, Moline, and Howard.... tax payer money.  This has been to offset costs of uniforms, insurance, equipment, chalk, etc.  If we charged parents for the full cost of all of this as well as maintaining the fields, parents with more than one child would not be able to afford to have the children play ball.  The county, as well has the cities, have recreation funds to help, and if my tax money is going to benefit the youth in the county I for one think it is money well spent.  Would much rather see it go there than to some of the other things it goes to.  As far as Elk Konnected is concerned and as you put it their "followers', more power to you!!!

Patriot

Quote from: gina on June 10, 2011, 07:38:15 PM
Would much rather see it go there than to some of the other things it goes to.

Just curious... other things like what specifically?
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: gina on June 10, 2011, 07:38:15 PM
I have ran the Howard Ball Club for the past 10 years and Elk Konnected has had nothing to do with it.  However, some of the people that you have complained about are parents that have been very active in the Ball Club and willing to help out whenever there has been a need, (i.e. coaching, concession stand, bringing refreshments for the kids).  I know that both Longton and Howard ball teams receive donations from the county as well as the cities of Longton, Moline, and Howard.... tax payer money.  This has been to offset costs of uniforms, insurance, equipment, chalk, etc.  If we charged parents for the full cost of all of this as well as maintaining the fields, parents with more than one child would not be able to afford to have the children play ball.  The county, as well has the cities, have recreation funds to help, and if my tax money is going to benefit the youth in the county I for one think it is money well spent.  Would much rather see it go there than to some of the other things it goes to.  As far as Elk Konnected is concerned and as you put it their "followers', more power to you!!!

I was bragging about the communities about their efforts doing the ball games. Yes I'm aware the county chips in and I'm tickled about that too. And all without Elk Konnected. Good Job. No great job.

momof 2boys

Personally, I feel that if my tax money is used to feed inmates at the Elk County Jail, those inmates can have beans, bread, and water daily!

I have never heard anyone say Elk Konnected has tried to take credit for the summer ball program, except here from your post.

Ross

Quote from: gina on June 10, 2011, 07:50:58 PM
Personally, I feel that if my tax money is used to feed inmates at the Elk County Jail, those inmates can have beans, bread, and water daily!

I have never heard anyone say Elk Konnected has tried to take credit for the summer ball program, except here from your post.
I did not say that either. I was pointing out that Elk Konnected is not needed. Things get done just fine within the communitties and the county without their secret society. And I am not refering to their volunteers/followers.

Wilma

You must be the only one that thinks it is a secret society.  Weren't  you yourself admitted to one of their meetings and left it of your own volition?

readyaimduck

Wow, Volition was not used until Sarah Palin used it.  Now it is a buzz word, albeit appropiately placed.
Wilma, just out of curiousity...why are you defending Elk Konnected so furiously? and why do you lash out at Ross so much? 

???

readyaimduck

QuotePersonally, I feel that if my tax money is used to feed inmates at the Elk County Jail, those inmates can have beans, bread, and water daily!

Gina:
I am with you there.  Why don't we ask the inmates to clean up the streets in Molin/Longton/Howard, etc.  Let them feel proud of a job well done like Elk Konnected!  And don't pay them!
Ready

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on June 10, 2011, 08:36:59 PM
You must be the only one that thinks it is a secret society.  Weren't  you yourself admitted to one of their meetings and left it of your own volition?
They do not invite anyone to their their meetings.
What you are refering is their community conversations. And you are not allowed to have a conversation with Elk Konnected only with the other people that show up at their community conversation. When I tried to talk with them I was told they would talk outside. When I said I wished to talk with them in front of the community that is when the man politely asked where the sheriff was. And I politely walked out.

If they are not a secret society what are they? Who are they? Who are the registered members of Elk Konnected? Wilma I have asked many times and no answers, therefore they must be a secret society. I can't think of anything else to call these people, can you?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk