Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on June 09, 2011, 08:16:46 PM
Just to be clear, are you suggesting that we should be charged more for watching and commenting, or that the fixers are greedy & unable to save the important stuff??   :)

NOOO the premise of my sign is that if you make my job more difficult, the more money you gotta pay. :D  
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

readyaimduck

QuoteNOOO the premise of my sign is that if you make my job more difficult, the more money you gotta pay.   

That right there reeks of prostitution!!!!!!!!   lmao   ;D

Ross

Quote from: Roma Jean Turner on June 09, 2011, 04:11:03 PM
I thought exploring all of these different options for Elk Co that some people think would be impossible to achieve would be considered "thinking out of the box". 

No that"s thinking inside Elk Konnected's box with the circle of chairs where they tell you what to think. Don't you dare ask a single question of them. Their thinking apparently is that everything is broke and they who ever they are have to fix it with county money. It appears to me they have their eye on the wind farm money. Is everything broken just because a few people that are registered members of Elk Konnected say so. I don't think so.

Ross

Here you go now do you read Elk Konnected in this?

Elk County

Elk County was recently awarded a $446,000 Community Development Block Grant from the Kansas Department of Commerce on behalf of Elk County Rural Water District #2. For many years rural residents of Elk County have suffered from a lack of either an adequate supply or the lack of adequate quality potable water. The situation was such that many rural residents had to depend on unreliable and often unsafe water sources or had to purchase water from a tap in the City of Howard and haul it in bulk tanks. The RWD was formed to address these problems by constructing a system that would deliver potable water to rural locations in Elk County. Phase 1 of the new Elk County RWD #2 is currently under construction with the assistance of a previous CDBG grant and USDA funding. Construction on that phase should be complete and some rural residents receiving the benefit of potable water by the spring of 2011. This new $446,000 grant will be combined with approximately $2,400,000 of new USDA funds to construct an additional 65 miles of service line and provide 2 water storage standpipes. Phase 2 will extend service to the remaining beneficiaries in the RWD and will provide for emergency storage capacity and fire reserves for the district. Phase 2 bidding and construction should occur in the summer of 2011. With the completion of Phase 2 rural Elk County residences will be receiving the benefit of an adequate supply of potable water. This will be an immediate health and comfort benefit to existing residences and spur further economic development within the county.

Looks to me like ouur county government has it pretty well under cotrol. What's broken? Did you read Elk Konnected in that any where?

Better water was one of their ideas. Guess what, it was already in the process and El Konnected knew it because one is a County commissioner. My opinion. But think about it. Check page one of this thread for Elk Konnected ideas.

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on June 09, 2011, 08:26:29 PM
That right there reeks of prostitution!!!!!!!!   lmao   ;D

Welll in the IT contracting industry they called us IT ho's

Ross

I heard this morning that Elk Konnected has been paying the high school kids that volunteered to help Elk Konnected $9.75 an hour.
But I was also told they ran into a snag. One high school kid that volunteered was told they wouldn't be paid so the kid withdrew. Then there was enough of a ruccus about paying so much that Elk Konnected decided to withdraw paying the kids anything. Now that's a shame. I think the kids should recieve some compemsation, but I agree $9.75 an hour is way to much. Anyway the story I was told goes on to say because of no pay they had a lot of the kids withdraw from volunteering.

Which brings me to the question. If Elk Konnected was willing to pay kids $9.75 an hour, how much are they paying themselves?
By the word themselves I am refering to the Elk Konnected registered members, board members or whtever they call themselves.

And by the way how much is this so called summer day camp costing the Elk County taxpayers?

So how about it Elk Konnected registered members can we hear from you?

srkruzich

hmm wouldn't it be nice if they paid adults that much. 

Wilma

The water district was started way before EKLLC came into being.  I hear that there are now meters, which means water, in the area where I used to live.  If it took EKLLC to make this happen, then more power to them.

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on June 10, 2011, 10:29:28 AM
I heard this morning that Elk Konnected has been paying the high school kids that volunteered to help Elk Konnected $9.75 an hour.

I remember the Boy Scouts doing community volunteer work when I was young.  The 'reward'?  A ride to and from the site, a free lunch, all the water one needed, oh... and a chance to learn what 'selfless giving' meant.  Are 'paid' and 'volunteer' really workable in the same sentence?

Which brings me to the question. If Elk Konnected was willing to pay kids $9.75 an hour, how much are they paying themselves?
By the word themselves I am refering to the Elk Konnected regigstered members, board members or whtever they call themselves.

Not something a private company is required to disclose, but an interesting question, nonetheless.

And by the way how much is this so called summer day camp costing the Elk County taxpayers?

I believe the funds are most, if not all taxpayer monies as the money for the camp was allocated to the county recreation budget from tax revenues last year.  If that's the case, shouldn't the taxpayers (the ones that bear some of the highest tax rates in Kansas) at least be given some credit for sponsoring the event?  EK appears to be taking all the credit.  There is a difference between EK money & taxpayer revenues, isn't there?  But, I could be wrong.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on June 09, 2011, 10:21:38 PM
Here you go now do you read Elk Konnected in this?

Nope.  Looks like the rural water district company & citizens did pretty well themselves.... without a professionally facilitated community roundtable conversation.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk