Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

I thought exploring all of these different options for Elk Co that some people think would be impossible to achieve would be considered "thinking out of the box".  But let me be clear....I just moved here, although I have family roots in Elk Co going back to 1871, and I am not a member of, nor can I identify with any certaintly any members, registered or otherwise, followers, sheeple or worshipers of Elk Konnected.  Yet anyway.

Patriot

Maybe someday they will share with the other 2000+ residents in Elk County too... :(

South Central Kansas Economic Development District
Minutes of the
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Thursday, September 30, 2010

6. PRESENTATION ON ELK KONNECTED
Board member Jennifer Brummel gave a slide presentation on the Elk Konnected program. Ms. Brummel used an interesting slide show on the television monitor so everyone would be able to see clearly.

Ms. Brummel started by saying that Elk Konnected is a community development organization that was created through the Public Square Community. The program seeks to promote strong families, solid education and a superior lifestyle in Elk County. The presentation slides will be attached to the Minutes in the near future.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

readyaimduck

Quotesuperior lifestyle in Elk County.
I thought Elk County was just like everyone else in this area:  We all got along with each other, took care of our own, never asked for hand outs and lived life to the fullest?  Why fix something that wasn't broke, or did someone 'break' something in order to be able to fix it? 
SKrucish:  (sorry about the name):  you may appreciate this anology:  Look at computer - $20.  Advise to prevent same computer problems - $30.  Screw your computer up, so I can fix it - priceless.
Wow, I really don't get out much.
Ready

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on June 09, 2011, 06:18:12 PM
I thought Elk County was just like everyone else in this area:  We all got along with each other, took care of our own, never asked for hand outs and lived life to the fullest?  Why fix something that wasn't broke, or did someone 'break' something in order to be able to fix it? 
SKrucish:  (sorry about the name):  you may appreciate this anology:  Look at computer - $20.  Advise to prevent same computer problems - $30.  Screw your computer up, so I can fix it - priceless.
Ready

I have another sign....

Fix your computer 25 a hour
while you watch add 30 a hour
with you commenting add 100 a hour
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

readyaimduck

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on June 09, 2011, 06:18:12 PM

Ready

Its ok, took me years to train my ex's how to spell my name.  LOL....

But yeah i do appreciate it.  MANY Times i've gone in fixed a computer get it running perfect, set it up so they can backup their data, and 6 months later, i get a call to come fix their computer and see if i can recover data.

I get there look at the tape drive, look at all the tapes they were to backup on and not a single one had the cellophane removed so that they can back up their drive nightly.  They never even bothered to back it up.  SOoooooo i told them its like this,  
I charge 10 dollar a Gig of data that i recover.  Doesn't guarantee that i will recover the important stuff. And on a 500 gb drive, thats going to cost some bucks.  Had two people pay the fee. They had no choice. I was cheaper than anyone else on data recovery.  BUT
the next time i saw them they were backing up, in fact it was a terminating offense if they didn't back up every day.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

readyaimduck

Good for you!.  Most people back up only what they say......And unfortunetly it is not backed up anywhere accessable...and this the thread of elk County handouts  isn't it?????   ???

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on June 09, 2011, 07:57:33 PM
I have another sign....

Fix your computer 25 a hour
while you watch add 30 a hour
with you commenting add 100 a hour

Just to be clear, are you suggesting that we should be charged more for watching and commenting, or that the fixers are greedy & unable to save the important stuff??   :)
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

readyaimduck

QuoteThey never even bothered to back it up.
Not to mention that they just point and click at every site!   ugh

readyaimduck

Ok Patriot.  To do a parralleism (sp) to Elk Konnected and computers is very clever.  It puts things in prospective as to the 'trail' if you will

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk