Let's talk "Gardens"

Started by Janet Harrington, July 10, 2006, 10:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Does anyone have anything to say about their gardens?  Ours has dribbled down to 4 tomato plants.  However; Jim picked a few tomatoes tonight and I just had to take a picture of this one.  We planted beefmaster tomato plants because I like the meaty tomato over the juicy, seedy ones.  This one tomato was almost perfect and if the fair was tomorrow I would put it in the fair. BUT, I will just eat it instead.

MarineMom

We got our first tomato this weekend and mmmmm it was good. We have been getting lot cucumbers and the pumpkins are doing good so far. Carrots apparently do not like our soil but the cucumbers are doing good, getting a steady supply of yellow squash. The beans quit producing but I have a few in the freezer and did I mention the cucumbers?
Would anyone would like a cucumber or two or ten?  ;D

Teresa

I have 7 tomato plants and I planted them late There are blooms on them and I have one small green one started.
Derek looked at them and told me I needed to spray some Bloom Set on them, so guess if I want to keep them I better do as he says..

((I suddenly realized that my kids are bossing me around and I am doing what they say instead of the other way around!?  :-\ ))
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Jim used Miracle Grow on ours.  That seems to always work.  We ate that tomato that is in the picture tonight.  Bacon and tomato sandwiches.  Oh, my, but it was good.  We didn't plant anything else except some radishes, onions, and something called kolrabi ????, that I think got ate up by the bugs.  The radishes didn't produce very well, the onions were good, and my tomatoes are just going to town.

Teresa

Wow.. not to comment on anything right now except that wonderful picture of those bbbeeeeeutiful women that are in your avitar picture.
hahahaha ;D 
Old but beautiful.. lol lol

( I miss "all of us"  :'( )
Long live the Posse!!  Ya Ya Sisterhood!   :D HA HA HA
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Here is a picture of my hanging plant outside my back door.  Cat and I have really worked with this plant doing the advise given to us by Cat's daughter, Anna.  Anna used to work in Lawn and Garden at Wal-Mart and knows alot of stuff.  Anyway, this plant is blooming very well today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk