Help in Finding Info on a WWII Veteran

Started by kshillbillys, February 18, 2012, 11:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

I'm needing information on how to find a list of names of all of the people who trained/worked at the Independence Army Airfield during WWII, especially a Sergeant stationed there in August of 1943 with the last name of Melton. That is all the information I have on him is the date and the name Sgt. Melton on the back of a photo. I really need to find more out about this man as it is very important to me but don't know where to look. I've looked at enlistment records but from what I know about the Independence Army Airfield, men came from all over the country to there for training so he may not have been from around this area. Please, if anyone knows what I should do, please let me know. It is of the utmost importance that I learn all I can about this man. Thanks! Jennifer Walker
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Ms Bear

I looked on Ancestry and it has World War II enlistments records and there are several Meltons there but it only shows where they enlisted at, does not show where they served.

I searched for Independence Army Airfield on Wikipedia and it looks like there might be a museum there, they may have records of the people that were stationed there.

Pat

gwendolynkfa

To say that I'm happy is to say nothing. I expect to be assigned a huge number of writing assignments in the future, but now I know where to get help.
buy thesis online

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk