Happy Thanksgiving

Started by frawin, November 26, 2015, 05:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

We wish all of our Friends on the Forum and even those we don't agree with, a Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your family and Friends, and give thanks to the Lord for his Gift of a Bountiful Table and the Love of Family and Friends. To all those that have to travel, may the Lord keep you safe.

readyaimduck

I second that wish, Frawin. 
Also, invite someone to dinner who doesn't have  loved ones around, or take a meal to someone who is homebound.

ready.

Warph

Amen, Frank... Amen.

Abraham Lincoln proclaimed the first "Annual" National Day of Thanksgiving,  Washington, D.C., October 3, 1863:

"In the midst of a civil war of unequalled magnitude and severity...

I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens.

And I recommend... they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged,

and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union.

In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Seal of the United States to be affixed.

Done at the City of Washington, this Third day of October, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and of the Independence of the United States the Eighty-eighth.

By the President: Abraham Lincoln
William H. Seward, Secretary of State."
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

redcliffsw

Lincoln promoted the central government to oversee us.  Supremacy over the States.

Nationalize all you can - even the holidays.  Now the same kind of people are promoting the New World Order.

frawin

Red I hate to agree with you because I think you are way off base most of the Time, but on this one, I think you are Right. Most of the time I ignore your Posts, but the Title on this caught my Eye. To each his Own.

redcliffsw

Since you are from South Kansas and you're living in Texas, you oughta be like the Southerners - that is, on the side of the founders of this country, our first and real patriots.

Yes, to each his own.

frawin

Red as usual your are way off base, I would like to say you are totally Full of crap, which you are, but I don't want to Violate Teressa's rules. My big Question is what does where I live have to do with it. I have always been a strong  Conservative, loving my God and my Country. I need to quit Reading your Posts, but this one got my attention and I felt Compelled to reply.Have a nice Day. I have asked you to please stop replying to my Posts, I would appreciate it if you would, all you do when you reply to my Posts is ruin my day.. Why don't you start your own Forum, then you could Name it, IKNOW IT ALL AND IAM ALWAYS RIGHT. My guess is there are a lot of People on the Forum that agree with me, in fact I am betting there are more that agree with me than there are that agree with you. Have a nice day.

redcliffsw

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk