What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Time for an update on Bud.  This edifice has graced my living room for at least two years now.  It was used quite frequently for a time, then Bud lost interest in it, unless I tried to move it.  Recently it has become his favorite resting place again.  I was making a ghost to put out in the front of the house when he decided that it should be his new home.  We had to buy another tomato cage and tear off another piece of sheet to make the ghost.  The step in the corner is the bottom step of his ladder to the top of the TV.

sixdogsmom

Edie

Janet Harrington

Ms Bear

My dog's favorite place is on the ironing board in the sun, then I caught her pulling all the straight pins out of the pin cushion and throwing them on the floor.   Moved the pin cushion so she couldn't swallow a pin.  Put an old pillow case for her to lay on so I am not getting dog hair on my clothes when I iron.

larryJ

I spent the day relaxing after a busy week of watching granddaughters.  I am getting ready for a big day tomorrow.  Our son's birthday is the 28th, but his wife decided to have a bash tomorrow so that more of his friends could attend.  It promises to be a good time.  Since the beach house is small, I would imagine most of the partying will be on the bay side beach.  I have to hand it to my daughter-in-law.  She has planned this big party while being six months pregnant and has been packing all week for their move to the apartment they rented for the summer.  The baby is due in August or September and they will be moving back to the beach around that time......if they decide to move back there.  They really love that area.  She is a real trooper!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

We went shopping today in the big city.  Not unusual, but today I had two of my daughters with me.  Now, one of the things that I do to torment my daughters is to free wheel down the slopes outside most establishments.  That is, I kick off a bit, lift my feet and let the wheels do their thing, hoping that I arrive at the car.

Today, at one of the places, the slope was a little longer than usual, close to my car there was a gentleman helping his wife into their truck.  He saw me coming, apparently a run-away wheelchair and started to step out to catch me.  I immediately applied my brakes (my feet, I don't trust the chair brakes) and as he saw me coming to a stop, he stepped back, then apologized.  It hadn't occurred to me that anyone would try to rescue me.  Guess I will have to be more careful about who is around when I pull that little trick.  I love the Wal-Mart slopes.  Just the right slope, just the right length and I can almost make it between the poles that line each side of the walk between the handicap parking spaces.

Bullwinkle

You are something else, Wilma!

Reminds me of putting your hands in the air on the roller coaster big hill.

Janet Harrington

I bet you gave that man a heart attack, Mother. I hoped he was laughing when you stopped.

Wilma

He was happy to see that it wasn't a run-a-way wheel chair.  I don't think he really wanted to get in front of it.

Ms Bear

Wilma, I bet scaring that man was the most fun you had all day.    Glad you had a good day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk