It begins... Congresswoman, 6 Others, Killed By Gunman

Started by Patriot, January 08, 2011, 01:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

Teresa,
Keep hearing that someone in the crowd took a shot or two at the nut case but what I've heard so far he was not wounded. Where did the bullets go that were intended for his sorry ass ? I hope like hell the good Samaritan didn't unintentionally shoot an innocent bystander.

twirldoggy

The criminally insane must commit the crime first , then are sent to a facility second.  Here in Missouri they have to have a court's permission to get out, not just the doctor's permission to get out.  This does not protect the innocent from crimes, but it does keep the nutty ones somewhat contained.  There are many manipulations done by the staff that run the system.  Here iin this area, the courts would send criminally insane from Kansas City to St. Joseph.  The people worked in situations in the community.  That would put them out in city buses and walking on the streets.   A staff person once told me St. Joseph  had more criminally insane than Kansas City.  It makes for an unsafe situation for the general public.  But it was kept secret and the public did not know of it. 

Varmit

Hate to burst a few bubbles here (okay not really) but that guy was not insane or mentally disturbed or disabled.  He knew exactly what he was doing.  The only difference is that he felt he was right in doing it.  Just because a person feels he or she is right about something and everyone else is wrong doesn't make that person crazy.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

twirldoggy

The mentally disordered can always make a choice to do something and they can realize that the act is against the law, immoral or evil.  But in addition to that they can have depression, delusions, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder.  The mental disorder does not excuse them from responsibility, but it can make them more prone to act with unlawful behavior. 

twirldoggy

In the case of the Tucson shooter he had been banned from college because others felt he was dangerous.  He was rejected for the military because of drugs in his system.  He did show intent in his writings and in his behavior before the incident.  He showed that he knew it was wrong when he failed to talk after the incident.  His lawyer will go for "mentally disordered"  because he is making illogical and unreasonable statements, and there is little else to defend him.     But he will be found guilty and most likely sentenced to death. 

Diane Amberg

Does AZ have the "guilty but mentally insane" category? I hate the "innocent because of mental defect" plea because it makes it sound as if he didn't do it. The other is more accurate I think. I would suppose he will be thoroughly evaluated. I can't help feeling that he's a newish schizophrenic.That seems to develop most often in late teens, early 20's if I remember correctly. Does he have any family that has been interviewed? Twirl?

twirldoggy

His family made a statement this afternoon, but said nothing of mental illness.  I don't know about the mental health laws in Arizona.  He won't see the light of day again and that is best.  Many people have noted his picture with head shaved and smiling just a day after he killed six people.

It makes sense to me that he might have schizophrenia because of his statements about the connection between grammar and government.  Sounds delusional but one can't diagnose from afar.  Will have to wait until it unfolds in the court.  I do know that even when there might be mental disorder, the lawyers can manipulate the system so there is no mental evaluation.   

kshillbillys

The sheriff said that the gunman had made assassination threats against people before. Why wasn't something done about him before if the sheriff had proof that he had made those threats before?  Why is that same sheriff blaming Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh for the gunman shooting people when he knew what the creep had threatened before?

Westboro was supposed to go protest at the funerals in Arizona but the legislature of AZ said NO and will make it illegal for anyone to protest at or near a funeral. Governor Jan Brewer is to sign it into law. So I don't know if they will show up now or not.

Press Release: Westboro Baptist Church, the Topeka church known for its inflammatory anti-gay protests, plans to picket the funerals of the six people gunned down in Arizona on Saturday.

In a flier posted on its web site, the controversial church writes, "THANK GOD FOR THE SHOOTER -- 6 DEAD!" The message continues:

God appointed this rod for your sins! God sent the shooter! This hateful nation unleashed violent veterans on the servants of God at WBC--hoping to silence our kind warning to obey God and flee the wrath to come.
The flier claims that the shooting of both a House member and a federal judge -- the latter of whom was killed -- is god's punishment for judicial and Congressional action against the WBC. "God sent the shooter to shoot you! And He's sitting in Heaven laughing at you!" the announcement reads.

In graphic language, it continues:

Your federal judge is dead and your (fag-promoting, baby-killing, proud-sinner) Congresswoman fights for her life. God is avenging Himself on this rebellious house! WBC prays for your destruction--more shooters, more dead carcasses piling up, young, old, leader and commoner--all. Your doom is upon you!

WHAT A BUNCH OF FREAKS!

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Patriot

What the heck.... violent rhetoric seems to be the order of the week.........

WESTBORO                                             

Not to worry, it's just free speech.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Teresa

When he had no comeback of course "We're out of time". More like out of touch! (His response on Arizona's gun laws is at 5:25).
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk