Westboro Members to Picket Elizabeth Edwards' Funeral

Started by kshillbillys, December 09, 2010, 08:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

THESE PEOPLE ARE ABSOLUTELY SICK AND DERANGED!

Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church will be dispatching members of its congregation to protest the funeral of Elizabeth Edwards this Saturday, CNN reports.

The church has generated controversy with its confrontational and offensive demonstrations. "God Hates Fags" has become an unofficial calling card of the group, a phrase they say the world "needs to hear more than it needs oxygen, water and bread." Another Westboro sign, "Thank God For Dead Soldiers," is frequently displayed at military funerals and has created its own share of outrage.

In a promotional flier for the upcoming protest, the church references John and Elizabeth Edwards's son Wade, who died in a car crash in 1996:

"When they were visited from the Most High God with the death of their 16-year-old son, they did not humble themselves before His mighty hand. They reared up in rage, decided they would show God who is boss, and meddled in matters of the womb, resulting in 2 more children -- now motherless."
The church goes on to claim that she is now a "resident of hell, where her rebellion and rage will take full flower."

Elizabeth Edwards, the estranged wife of former Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards, died earlier this week at the age of 61 after a long battle with cancer. She is succeeded by her husband and three children.

Here's the Westboro Baptist Church's memo on their protest:

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

Just the thought of these people...and I hesitate to call them "People"  I think they are demons.

If the law can arrest a veteran and let these hellions go with no reprimand at all --- there is something drastically wrong with our country.

They should be in jail in solitary  confinement---FOREVER --- if I had my way.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

patyrn

sixdogsmom

I posted this earlier, but it got lost in cyberspace----

The devil must be rubbing his hands in glee at the sight of these fools doing his work. These minions will collect their due someday. May Elizabeth and her family have peace.
Edie

twirldoggy

Westboro would cry to high heaven and file a lawsuit if someone disrupted a funeral of one of theirs.  Their verbal abuse is unequaled. 

Diane Amberg

Other than the obvious, publicity, why do they have a beef with Elizabeth Edwards? I didn't understand what I read. I don't think they will be successful this time, too many people plan to be there to block them. If it was a little closer I'd go myself.

twirldoggy

This has reached the level of a shared delusional process.  I believe that is what it is.  The effect on their own children is going to be devastating.

twirldoggy

CNN reported only five of them showed up and they were restricted to a spot two blocks away.  CNN also reported that about 200 people blocked them.

Janet Harrington

These people are as sick as Jim Jones was with his cult. I don't understand them, but it is hard to understand people who are insane.

How do they fund all these trips to protest at peoples funerals? Anyone have any idea?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk