another slice of wry

Started by larryJ, June 24, 2009, 04:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

A  man walks into a Hallmark store and begins looking at anniversary cards.  After about 45 minutes the clerk was concerned and went over and asked the man if there was a problem.  The man replied, "I have been through everyone of these anniversary cards and I can't find one that my wife will believe."  ;)

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

patyrn

Imagine that..............................................

sixdogsmom

Larry, you are indeed in a heap o' trouble, my friend! LOL!  ;D
Edie

larryJ

I don't feel threatened.  Anyway here is another one.

The man had died.  A wonderful funeral was in progress and the preacher talked at length of the good traits of the deceased; what an honest man he was, what a loving husband and kind father he had been and on and on.

The widow , meanwhile, was ever so slightly shaking her head, as she intently listened to the preacher's words.

Finally, the new widow leaned over and whispered to one of her children, "Erica, honey, go on up there and take a peek in the coffin and see if that's your pa in there."

Larryj

larryJ

I think I will make this a daily thing.  Anyway, here is todays.

During one "generation gap" quarrel with his parents, young Michael cried, "I want excitement, adventure, money and beautiful women.  I'll never find them here, so I'm leaving.  Don't try and stop me."

With that, he headed toward the door.  His father rose and followed close behind.

"Didn't you hear what I said? Don't try and stop me!"

"Stop you? Who's trying to stop you?" replied his father.  "I want to go with you."

Larryj

Catwoman

Whenever my students try to con me with the old, "my parents are so boring" routine, I always respond, "Previous to having you, your parents were individuals who led fun lives...They only got boring after having you."

larryJ

Cat, it might be fun to ask the student why they thought their parents were so boring.  Do the parents not spend time with them or are the parents not interested in the students daily lives, etc?  Or, is this just something to say maybe to attract attention.  Also, maybe ask the student if they are doing anything with their parent to change their boring ways.  What a fun project for a philosophy class!

Larryj

Catwoman

Sounds to me like the basis for a Psych doctoral dissertation! lol

larryJ

That made me flash back to my earlier years.  I was about 15 and it was just my mother and I.  She was a school teacher and in those days if you had a high school education you could teach.  But times were changing so that teachers were required to have a college degree.  She went to college in the summer time for years and finally got her degree.  The college was colorado state college now known as the University of Northern Colorado.  Because many of the summer students were older people working on degrees, bachelors, masters, doctorates there were many teachers.   And, the college had state groups that met once a week such as the Kansas club, etc.  It was basically a social gathering for those from their home states.  This particular summer we became friends with a gentleman working on his Doctorate.  He is probably long gone, but I will keep his name out of it and the town where he lived.  He was very nice to us and taught me how to drive his car.  He was a High School principle and his Doctorate dissertation was on molestation of children and related subjects.  He never made any moves on me.  We later found out he had been imprisioned for child molestation.  Ya jest never know!!

Larryj

Catwoman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk