first day of school

Started by heather_tyler_2014, July 20, 2008, 12:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Lookatmeknow!!

I do text quit a bit.  I don't know why but I do.  As for all the abbreviations, I don't know them so I type words out, even if they are long.  To me, if I can't understand it how can they.  My niece always text me with words that I don't know, so alot of the texts that I get I can't read from her.  But Dolphin and I do text some back and forth, but we pretty much type everything out.  Don't ask me why I like to text, I just do.  Weird????
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

aamiller321

Quote from: flo on August 18, 2008, 09:56:38 AM
yep, we did.  Had ONE electric typewriter when I was a senior and we had to take turns using it.
Wow, and how many kids were in your class?
The day that you don't enjoy running around like a kid is the day you begin to die.

flo

19 in my graduating class, 17 of whom are still living.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

aamiller321

How long did you have on the typewriter before you had to pass it on?
The day that you don't enjoy running around like a kid is the day you begin to die.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on August 18, 2008, 09:53:17 AM
And that comes from someone with fast fingers learned the hard way.  Right, Flo?  Severy didn't have electric typewriters when you took typing, I'm sure.

I learned typing on a manual typewritier.  My school was a private school that was too poor to afford electric.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

I learned on a manual.  My school didn't have electric typewriters, not even one.  My folks thought it was important enough to rent a typewriter for us to practice at home the first semester.  I didn't get an electric until I went to work for the lawyer at Moline.  It was sure nice, but I wouldn't trade my computer for any of them now.  It does everything I need and more than I am smart enough to do.

Tobina+1

Yeah, texting is pretty foreign to me, too.  I pride myself on my spelling and grammar (now watch me mess up), and actually the spell check function on my computer irritates me b/c I find myself spelling the same word wrong over and over again instead of learning how to spell it right!
Also, texting confuses me b/c you can speak faster than you can type, anyway.  Why not call???
I do use IM on my computer, but I type in full sentences and with correct caps, too.  OK, so I may shorten a few things b/c is so much faster to type than because.   :P

dnalexander

The reason they text is because it is unique to their generation. Some shorthand, some resembles graffiti, some just their type of pig latin, some just for the speed of doing it ( think solving a Rubik's cube for speed once you know the pattern). The better you spell, write know grammar the better off you are. Texting and posting are casual and when you know the right way you can post the casual way.

David

Bonnie M.

Owhay anymay ofway ouyay understandway igpay atinlay?

(Don't shoot me!)

There's a fun web-site that will translate for you!
Bonnie

dnalexander

All of this talk makes me think of something that is just one of life's truism's at some point in our life we will all say

" ohm my gosh!! I sound like my parents" I think that is something all generations can share and understand when you reach the right age.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk