Your beautiful county

Started by Rudy Taylor, February 11, 2008, 09:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Got this from Roma Jean..asking if I could downsize and post these for her.
and I will attach what she said:

I took these pictures of the Sedan flag, the day before the blizzard as I was headed to my stepsisters in Wichita.  It was so windy and the sky looked so beautiful behind it.
I was quite moved by that big flag flying over mainstreet.  It reminded me of everything I hold dear about my small town Kansas roots.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

We went to visit Mother last Saturday and when we topped the hill on Turkey Road just off of 99 Hwy, we could see the wind turbines south of Beaumont!  It was a beautiful day and if I had taken my camera with me, it would have made a beautiful picture.

Myrna

T. Sackett

Although the wind farm is really in Butler county, I believe it is still of interest to many folks.  These pics were taken a few months ago.  Someone may enjoy seeing them.  A couple of them pertain to Beaumont, itself.
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

Calibritwo

Thanks for the pictures, they reminded me of a day trip out there a couple of years ago with a couple of carlaods of ladies, the scenery is great, being up close and learning all about the wind farm was eye opening and then lunch in Beaumont rounded it all out. Who says there is nothing to do or see around here, it may be in Butler county but we can see it from Elk ,and I always look over from Cresco cemetery as I drive by, to see if it is visible, and I for one  think its a fantastic site..if you haven't been there, go when you can, its well worth it.

Ole Granny

I agree.  The wind turbins are a grand sight.  With our wind-why not use it.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

frawin

We really enjoy going to Beaumont when we are up that way.  We often meet relatives for breakfast at the hotel.  It's fun to watch the planes taxi right up to the hotel, and it is a beautiful sight to watch the wind turbines.  We often take the "back roads" to go back to Mother's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk