Another take on events

Started by Mom70x7, July 14, 2014, 03:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Raven

Quote from: Catwoman on August 10, 2014, 08:35:44 PM
Raven, I did indeed live there for over a decade.  I not only paid taxes but also donated to a lot of causes that were being pursued at that time.  A large part of my life was there and a great many of my friends still reside there.  I left behind a large part of my heart there, to be blunt.  You are late to this party...And, as such, are not aware of the history surrounding the comments that I made.  Believe me when I say that this Forum used to have an entirely different tone.  A great many former members have fallen away, due to the constant barrage from certain individuals that have risen to prominence.  Your ignorance of that history is why I will not give you any other response than the one I have listed.  If you are one of Ross' devotees, then so be it.  I do not happen to subscribe to his nonsense and never will.
Boy, you really put me in my place, didn't you? How dare you! MY IGNORANCE? I have read this forum for YEARS. One doesn't have to have an account to read what is here. I was a guest. Then I made an account at the beginning of last year. I still just usually sit back and read. My Grandmother reads this forum as a guest with no account. Is she ignorant as well? I know the "history surrounding your comments" quite well. I have read from page one of the Elk Konnected thread. For the most part, I agree with Ross. And although I don't think I've ever met up with him, he makes sense and we'd probably get along. But, I hardly call myself one of his "devotees".

And thank you for making my point that you DON'T live here and don't have to worry about what goes on with our VOTING! I have a huge family in District 1 and we've lived here forever! Voting matters to us and our way of life. So to recap, if you don't LIVE here and VOTE, don't insert your politics on OUR county.

Catwoman

;D  Raven, you need to calm down and realize...I have the same freedom of speech as your beloved Ross.   ;D  Now...Go on your own way and leave me to go mine.  The only ignorance I referred to was your obvious lack of knowledge regarding the years spent being on this Forum.  However...If you want to push the subject, the impression you leave is entirely up to you.  I am not forcing you to say anything.  Remember, you can't regret what you don't say.  Just sayin'.  ;)

The Raven

Quote from: Catwoman on August 10, 2014, 09:10:50 PM
By the way...Do the math.  Diane and I both pre-date Ross on this Forum.  As far as what Ross has had to say "for years"...Yes, unfortunately, everyone has been made quite aware of his various and sundry opinions.  Ad nauseum.  Ad infinitum.  Good to know where you stand...

By the way, everything I've said still stands. Bullying goes both ways. It's my understanding schools don't put up with bullying but I guess that doesn't matter on a public forum. Way to go, leading by example.

I don't care if you have been on this forum since inception or since last Tuesday. Everyone can go back and read everything and form their OWN opinions about things. I stand where I stand because I think for myself and don't allow others to TELL me WHAT to THINK.

Quote from: Catwoman on August 10, 2014, 09:17:36 PM
;D  Raven, you need to calm down and realize...I have the same freedom of speech as your beloved Ross.   ;D  Now...Go on your own way and leave me to go mine.  The only ignorance I referred to was your obvious lack of knowledge regarding the years spent being on this Forum.  However...If you want to push the subject, the impression you leave is entirely up to you.  I am not forcing you to say anything.  Remember, you can't regret what you don't say.  Just sayin'.  ;)

EVERYONE has FREEDOM OF SPEECH Teach! I will not go my own way. I will stay right here where I am and no one will tell me otherwise. I am very calm. I am not ignorant. Likewise, I am not forcing you to say anything either. I don't regret anything that I do say or have said. I don't recall ever rallying for Ross, but I can see why people are drawn to him and his common sense. Posts like yours, towards those that agree with people that you don't agree with, are what's wrong with this forum.

There aren't any gold cards on the forum. No poster is better than any other poster. You would do well to remember that.

Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on August 10, 2014, 08:35:44 PM
Raven, I did indeed live there for over a decade. 

Wow a whole decade, just imagine! 10 whole years of did!
Your key word is "DID"
You were an outsider just as some refer to me as and you just did not realize it.
Because they were using you.
But, now you truly are an outsider.

As some one noted in a post I have the same proud reasons for moving here and it really doesn't bother me to be called an outsider.

[quote author=Catwoman link=topic=16225.msg221520#msg221520 date=1407724544
I not only paid taxes but also donated to a lot of causes that were being pursued at that time.  A large part of my life was there and a great many of my friends still reside there.  I left behind a large part of my heart there, to be blunt.  [/quote] word

Your key word is "Left" which means no longer here.
That donation to a lot of causes was for
Elk Konnected
, right?
And every single one was a failure weren't they?
You won't even admit a relationship with
Elk Konnected
will you?
So what is there to be proud of?
No one will admit a relationship with
Elk Konnected
, why do you suppose that is?

You must have left a lot of your heart behind, because it fails to come across in your posts. Slamming the Raven with no justification proves what you say.

[quote author=Catwoman link=topic=16225.msg221520#msg221520 date=1407724544
You are late to this party...And, as such, are not aware of the history surrounding the comments that I made.  Believe me when I say that this Forum used to have an entirely different tone.  A great many former members have fallen away, due to the constant barrage from certain individuals that have risen to prominence.  Your ignorance of that history is why I will not give you any other response than the one I have listed.  [/quote]

Believe me she is full of it! She apparently has not checked the forums stats.
There are 645 Members and the Latest Member: JenF joined Date Registered: August 08, 2014, 11:15:01 pm. When I signed on to the forum I believe there was something like 550 registered members.

Please try to say something intelligent.

This is simply the way you apparently express everything, only as you wants to see it.
There is some more of your assumption and very wrong of you to suggest that the Raven is ignorant of anything. Just your form of bullying and showing a lack of the ability to think before slamming someone. I sorry to have to say it,  but  your edumaction is not showing here.

I don't know who you think you are to say who is late to the party!
So get real. Come into reality. You have no idea how much of the forum he or she has read.

Quote from: Catwoman link=topic=16225.msg221520#msg221520 date=1407724544
If you are one of Ross' devotees, then so be it.  I do not happen to subscribe to his nonsense and never will.
/quote]

I am not a liberal and I don't belong to or have any devotees or any organizations like
Elk Konnected
to back me. I do not believe, I have even communicated directly with the Raven. Also, I have no idea who the Raven really is.  So really who has the nonsense going on on this thread, please check the mirror.

I really don't need to post this as I was notified a new post was made while hitting post. So I read the most recent post from Rave and I say great post Raven. Even though Raven is intellegent enough to know he or she doesn't need my approval.

I am still going to post this because of a few of my other remarks.
And once again, Thank God you don't own this forum Catwoman.

Perhaps you might think of starting your own liberal forum and invite people to bad mouth just whoever they want to bad mouth. No intellegence required.

I hope you have had a geat weekend. Good night!

Catwoman

I never made a request for holy card...And I hand out none, as such.  I have no beef with you and refuse to allow you to create such where there is none.  I will not respond to you any further.  Sad...The ignore list seems to grow...Ah, well. 

Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on August 10, 2014, 09:53:27 PM
I never made a request for holy card...And I hand out none, as such.  I have no beef with you and refuse to allow you to create such where there is none.  I will not respond to you any further.  Sad...The ignore list seems to grow...Ah, well.

ROFLMAO

I bet your ignore list has really grown. That's because you have no idea about anyone else's list.
So rock on.

Bullwinkle

A beautiful fairy appeared one day to a destitute Mexican refugee outside an Arizona Immigration office.

"Good man," the fairy said, "I've been sent here by President Obama and told to grant you 3 wishes, since you just arrived in 
the United States with your wife and eight children."               

The man told the fairy, "Well, where I come from we don't have good teeth, so I want new teeth, maybe a lot of gold in them."     

The fairy looked at the man's almost toothless grin and – PING! – he had a brand new shining set of gold teeth in his mouth!   

"What else?" asked the fairy, "Two more to go."                       

The refugee claimant now got bolder.  "I need a big house with a three-car garage in Annapolis on the water with eight bedrooms for my family and the rest of my relatives who still live in my country. I want to bring them all over here" -- and -- PING! -- in the distance there could be seen a beautiful mansion with a three-car garage, a long driveway, and a walkout patio with a BBQ, in an upscale neighborhood overlooking the bay.               

"One more wish," said the fairy, waving her wand.                   

"Yes, one more wish. I want to be like an American with American clothes instead of these torn clothes, and a baseball cap     
instead of this sombrero. And I want to have white skin like Americans" -- and -- PING ! -- The man was transformed – wearing worn-out jeans, a Baltimore Orioles T-shirt, and a baseball cap.  He had his bad teeth back and the mansion had disappeared from the horizon.                 

"What happened to my new teeth?" he wailed. "Where is my new house?"                           

THIS IS GOOD . . . . . . . .       

NO, ACTUALLY THIS IS VERY GOOD  . . . . . . .                      The fairy said: "Tough Amigo, now that you are a white American, you have to fend for yourself."

Bullwinkle

"IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM"

WRITTEN BY A 21 YEAR OLD FEMALE.

Wow, this girl has a great plan! Love the last thing she would do the best.

This was written by a 21 yr. old female who really gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare, big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald,

Waco , TX

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps:

no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away.

If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried.

If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, 

then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22-inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self-esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self-esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

I love this one.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Go to the Norton AntiVirus site

Send 

     

                     

Wilma

Warph

Now... that 21 year old girl makes a lot of sense...

These??  Not so much:

"Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a change in your circumstances."
-- Department of Social Services, Greenville, South Carolina

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
-- Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-- Mariah Carey

"I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law."
-- David Dinkins, former New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes.

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
-- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign

"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body."
-- Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-- Jason Kidd, upon his being drafted by the Dallas Mavericks

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president."
-- Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese." -- Former French President Charles De Gaulle

"That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it."
-- A congressional candidate in Texas.

"I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves."
-- John Wayne

"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
-- Philadelphia Phillies manager Danny Ozark

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
-- Former U.S. Vice-President Dan Quayle

"Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind."
-- General William Westmoreland

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
-- Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC.

"That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it,"
-- A congressional candidate in Texas.

"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
-- Philadelphia Phillies manager, Danny Ozark

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing! it."
-- Al Gore, Vice President

"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix."
-- Dan Quayle

" It's no exaggeration to say that the undecideds could go one way or another"
-- George Bush, US President

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
-- Lee Iacocca

"I was provided with additional input that was radically different from the truth. I assisted in furthering that version."
-- Colonel Oliver North, from his Iran-Contra testimony.

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-- Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback &sports analyst.

"We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of people."
--Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC Instructor.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
-- Bill Clinton, President

"We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
-- Al Gore, VP

"Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas."
-- Keppel Enderbery

"If somebody has a bad heart, they can plug this jack in at night as they go to bed and it will monitor their heart throughout the night. And the next morning, when they wake up dead, there'll be a record." -- Mark S. Fowler, FCC Chairman

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk