East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Thanks Ready.I appreciate your comments. Hope you are having a good summer too. What are you up to? Turns out we didn't have to go to the firehouse for Bingo tonight after all.Usually we do unless a holiday falls on a Monday.  For some reason we got today off too. I'm glad because thunderstorms are rumbling through.

Diane Amberg

On a beautiful July 23  afternoon in 1970,  Al and I got maried in a sweet little historic church that was opened just for our wedding. 45 years just doesn't seem possible....and happy anniversary to Teresa and Kjell, where ever you are. Have a great special day.

Mom70x7

Happy Anniversary - love the "comfortness" of a long marriage with a touch of "newness" thrown in every now and then.  :)

Joesue23

CongrTulations Diane on a long and sucessful marriage. Did "Toss" send you a card.

Diane Amberg

Thanks to both of you.I got a call from Kansas but no cards.

Diane Amberg

We did have a wonderful day yesterday.The weather was beautiful, a nice break from the heat and humidity we've been having.
We drove to Rising Sun Maryland to pick up some non ethanol gas for Al's small engine equipment, and drove past the Cecil County Fair that opens this evening...Great teenage memories of the fun times there years ago.Then we stopped at Wesley's on the way home for a late lunch... good food and a huge salad bar.
My anniversary pearls came in, so of course I wore them. He gave me six as my wedding present in 1970 and adds two to the necklace every year. Very romantic. Actually, now he's working on a bracelet, but it connects to the necklace to make it longer when I want to .
These are really good top quality pearls. Our jeweler had to find a new source for them as the supplier in Japan was caught up in the radiation business and if I got them, they might glow in the dark.HA!

Diane Amberg

Wow! We just got a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered from our fire company. What a nice surprise...
and tomorrow is the annual fire company picnic. Crabs, here we come... Blue Claws to eat, I mean.

Diane Amberg

We had a perfect day for the  fire company picnic yesterday. There is a large picnic table filled covered pavilion in a large grove of trees that we are permitted to use every year.
There are pony rides and inflatatable bounce house /slide type things for the kids and several of our firefighters keep the hambergers and hot dogs coming from a big brick outdoor wood fired grill that smells so good. We ate our way through several bushels of huge crabs and  many dozens of ears of corn,piles of toms, watermelon and other sides. The turn out was the best ever I think, even though the state fair is on this weekend too. To say it was fun would be a huge understatement.
I know there only a very few friends left that will read this, but whoever you are, have a great day and avoid the trolls and insecure nasty ones.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 26, 2015, 08:55:37 AM
have a great day and avoid the trolls and insecure nasty ones.

Excellent Advice Diane.
Miss ya.

proelkco

Diane thanks for the news I really enjoy your posts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk