Our brand spankin' new roads... err, gravel roads that is

Started by mtcookson, August 11, 2011, 12:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtcookson

So uh... what's going on here? I must've been inside way too much lately trying to keep cool cause all of a sudden our roads are turning to gravel. Anyone know why they went this route? Money I'm sure, but after paying some company to come in and fix a ton of pot holes throughout the town...??

srkruzich

Quote from: mtcookson on August 11, 2011, 12:48:14 PM
So uh... what's going on here? I must've been inside way too much lately trying to keep cool cause all of a sudden our roads are turning to gravel. Anyone know why they went this route? Money I'm sure, but after paying some company to come in and fix a ton of pot holes throughout the town...???

Its so you can get that quality that the rest of elk county lives with
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

What ya need to be asking is who the dumbass was that made the deal that the windfarm company didn't have to pay for the damage! 

Diane Amberg

Ya just lost me completely. Do you mean the roads in Howard proper?  What does that have to do with the wind farm?  Sounds like they are saving money...Isn't that what was wanted?

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 11, 2011, 01:39:54 PM
Ya just lost me completely. Do you mean the roads in Howard proper?  What does that have to do with the wind farm?  Sounds like they are saving money...Isn't that what was wanted?
The windfarm has destroyed washington street. it used to be a decent paved road. Now its so Fubar'd from the overweight trucks going across it that its totally destroyed.  Going to have to rip it up and repave it.   That should have been paid for by the windfarm from the beginning but apparantly someone decided to not require them to do it.  Piss poor decisions......Quite frankly the taxpayers should be pissed off that their tax dollars are being wasted like this!

mtcookson

Wait a minute... they aren't charging the wind farm for the road repairs?? Is there something wrong (i.e. worse than normal) with our water?

I'm also a little concerned that the city is going on this Righteous Crusade to get rid of the "blight" in this town to, I suppose, "increase property values" yet they now seem to be converting all of our roads to gravel. Yeah, that's going to really help property values. Actually, with as much as our taxes are here I wouldn't mind if my property was only worth a dollar right now :laugh:

Diane Amberg

Ok, now I understand. I know which one Washington is.
  I hate to ever think badly of anyone. Is the gravel a stop gap until more permanent repairs are done later on? Is the wind farm paying for the gravel in the meantime? Yes, I know it's none of my business.

srkruzich

I don't know MT that is the understanding I got from the discussion on it.  The county gave the windfarm a free pass on repair of washington in trade for thier maintaining limestone. Personally, i would have said if you want to go there you foot the bill.

srkruzich

ROTFL  yeah everytime it rains the water stops.  Isn't that lovely!

mtcookson

Quote from: srkruzich on August 11, 2011, 03:44:10 PMPersonally, i would have said if you want to go there you foot the bill.

No kidding.

So, do you know if the county payed for repairs? That seems even worse, having everyone in the county foot the build for a Howard city road. I suppose IF the county lowers taxes due to receiving the PILOT money that would help offset having to pay for the repairs but with the way this area is run I kind of doubt that would ever happen. I'm sure they'll find some way to squander the money to the point the citizens never get any benefit out of it. Yeah... I know... I don't have a whole lot of trust for any sector of government. :laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk