Are You Ready?

Started by sixdogsmom, January 31, 2011, 11:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Clean kitty box?------ Check!
New furnace filter?----Check!
Plenty of cooked turkey?---- (almost done) Check!
Full tank of gas?----- (nearly full) Check!
Pets all fed and asleep?-------Check!
Ice melt and snow shovel handy?----Check!
Drip water?---- (Oops be right back!) Check!
All utilities paid & working?----- Check!
And I am as ready as I will ever be; this looks like a booger of a storm. We are now under a blizzard warning and the predicted high for Wednesday is 10 degrees. You all be careful out there, yah hear?  ;) ;)
Edie

Judy Harder

Thanks Edie, same to you.
As I was expecting to wake up to white stuff, I was hoping to be disappointed........NOT.
Scooter just about stood in the door to do his business............and of course, both of them objected
to having to wear that darn coat, again.
I plan on facebooking it and then will hit the couch with a book and I want to order some bulletin blanks
from a catalog place and that will be my day.
Of course, every few hours Scooter will have to be forced outside again.
Sassy is piddle-pad trained and Fred (my cat) has a cat box.
He is getting fiesty this morning and I may have to shove him outside to cool him off.........HE he He!. I am a mean mama!
Thank God for a computer and a chance to commune with other people. It gets so lonely around here.
Hugs.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

patyrn

Lots of snow, wind, and record-breaking low temps in OKC!  Definitely a day to stay in and enjoy a "snow day".

Teresa

Told Kjell I would go out and shovel this time.. and it is sooooo cold.. I thought my fingers were going to break off.. up side is.. the snow is still very dry.. so it shovels away from the doorways and sidewalks easily.. but it's getting deep out there.. with the drifting..
Have I told anyone how much I hate this crap? Hmmmm I thought I had.. but just in case you didn't hear it the first 100 times I said it?
I hate the snow and the cold!
So there! 
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

I have been out three times opening and closing the gates and shoveling around them.  Having the gates snowed shut is a lot of work when it is all over.  Then it finally occured to me that the little dogs are not leaving the porch, let alone the yard. they are just scurrying over to the other side of the car so they can poop and pee in the carport, under the illusion that I will never find it.  So the gates are staying open and I'm just going to enjoy the storm.

Diane Amberg

I'm sorry you all are getting hit so hard. Our end of this same huge storm has been an icy mix which has made things very slick. The worst of this early part had passed just north of us, but we are supposed to get more tonight into tomorrow as the cold air slumps down over us too. Wrap up warm and hang on to the bedpost! ;D

Judy Harder

I have cabin fever! I do NOT need or want to go out, but when I get this way, I seem to find work that needed done.

I got a batch of cookies done and have talked to a couple people on phone. Watched snow fall sidewise I might add and then sat and played another game..................

and now I am watching a couple of young men (managements kids) shovel a path between apartments. The guy across the way had snow half way over his door. He wasn't going anywhere................and last time I shoved Scooter out, I had to push the door past a foot of drifted snow.

I am ready to wave white flag.............if it is going to snow, make it warm enough it melts fast and the kind we like to play in, I might have played with dogs outside.............Not.............today.
Stay warm.............we are one day closer to spring............I think! ::)
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

greatguns

Ain't no groundhog gonna see his shadow here tomorrow, even if the sun shines 'cause the little critter can't get thru the snowdrifts. ;D

sodbuster

You know it astounds me to look at the weather back in Kansas. I don't remember it being as bad as I see it is today. Maybe ignorance is bliss. I have been totally ruined by the California weather. Today it is 65 degrees where I live. Warmer than normal. My point is I feel your pain. Back when I lived in the midwest I had no idea how bad it was. When I lived in Alaska I loved every moment. Now I am not sure I could pick up another shovel of snow. If it gets down below 50 degrees I think it is cold. I have been totally ruined by the weather in California.  Thank god the groundhog is not here, because he would see his shadow and we would have 6 more weeks of winter. Because, I am a good "Kansas Boy" if I do see a groundhog here in California I will promptly dispatch him with my Winchester Model 70  .243 before anyone know he saw his shadow. Please do not give PETA my address. :laugh:

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Teresa

Diane... at least we don't have the ice..YET!!
The snow is easily shoveled.. it is pretty dry.. but the drifts are horrendous!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk