Author Topic: My Henry Rifles  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
My Henry Rifles
« on: June 27, 2016, 05:39:19 PM »

Hello the Camp
Just finished installing modified lifters in both my ’60 and ’66 Henry rifles.

Now when I close the action no matter how fouled it is the lifter pushes the block down tight like a bank vault.

A simple little fix and well worth the time to install. I also put a set of Slixsprings™ in the 1860 rifle to replace the factory springs which must have been salvaged from the front end of a Freight Liner truck. I was a picky job since one of the crew holes was slightly crooked, but patience and a good file finally conquered the problem.

The 1866 got a set of Pioneer springs which was somewhat simpler to do and in both cases improved the feel of the rifles.

The next improvement is a set of "Slick Magic" main springs. I can’t lighten things up too much since I use Wolf primers mostly and they seem to have a pretty hard cup.
In the interim the factory springs will get a good polish and perhaps a bit of material removal.

I am not a profession gun plumber I just follow ideas and instructions from those who are professionals and am aware of my limits. When I reach that point I ship a box of pieces to the pros and let them do their sometimes magic work.

Yr’Obt’ Svt’
Bunk   

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: My Henry Rifles
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 08:47:21 PM »

The 1860 Henry is a steel frame model the early one.
Bunk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com