Author Topic: Missing on purpose, or, how to prove you are not a gamer!!  (Read 6229 times)

Offline Surly Bob

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Missing on purpose, or, how to prove you are not a gamer!!
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2005, 11:30:35 PM »
I ran across this thread and just had to post....

At the midwest regional, I saw my brother Ornery try to put 12 gauge shells in a 20 gauge shotgun.  The Posse was stunned!  This and some of his other mishaps cost him 2nd and possibly even 1st place in BP Duelist Category....  Now, I took first place in that category but I really tried to miss.....really I did....miss a lot I mean...in fact, I really stunk up the place...but I guess I need to practice missing or something 'cause I definitely came out looking like a gamer by winnin' stuff.   You have to admit that Ornery pulled the ultimate sacrifice play.  And as mad as he got...everyone thought it to be sincere....but I'm sure he isn't really this stupid and ignorant and probably did this stunt on purpose...just to let his big brother win...right Ornery?

Now, you take your gentlemen like that Mr. Lone Gunman....they go out of their way to BREAK THEIR GUNS so that other folks can get a leg up in the standings....  How he got the end of that cylinder pin to break off on his Colt's Navy revolver, I'll never know.  He just kinda looked at it in a funny sort of way and it just broke right off!   Anyone who knows the Gunman knows that look he has.  I let him use one of my '51 Navy's as a replacement for the shoot and it promptly fell apart in his expert hands!  I'm tellin' ya boys, that was a sight to behold!  The man is a master at this thing, provin' he's not a gamer...

Sometimes you get help.  Like the time I was shootin' and the posse started yelling at me "Shoot it!"  "Shoot it!" they yelled.  So I shot the targets really really fast and clean....but they told me they wanted me to shoot the rabbit that was running across the stage area.  I was so focussed on the targets I didn't see the rabbit...  Missed my chance to escape gamer-dom that day too....

But I fixed it last weekend.  I screwed up my rifle really bad so it would jam on every round!  Everyone felt really sorry for me to!
It was a cold and pitiful day....

Now River John has the best form at this art that I've ever seen.  He likes to shoot worthless...ahm...I mean "working" cowboy class.  Well, on the reloads, he gets to a dancin' and a singin'.  This slows his times down which helps him lose any gamer persona that anyone might want to assign to him....but since the counters are all a cryin' with laughter and couldn't see a miss if it bit them in the butt, (and I've rarely seen John miss a target anyway), I think he is really a gamer in the worst way.....he's a "stealth gamer"! 
They are the rarest and most deadly type of gamer....so beware.  When they win, you are actually happy about it!!!  There's something fundamentally wrong about that....we're supposed to hate gamers right???

Just do what I did....switch to duelist....drops you down in the standings right away!  And if you miss with your weak hand, your posse members will just smile and nod and wink at each other....

Uh, it's been a while since I was in a fight.
I panicked!
Fell back, like to have broke my foot!
Well, or that damn Cuban cigar got me riled up

Offline Guage Rod

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Missing on purpose, or, how to prove you are not a gamer!!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 09:19:58 AM »
This theroy of missing on purpose may be more than just a theroy.  I go to the public gun range weekly to practice my misses on the clock, in order to make it look more authentic at the shoots.  It appears to be working.  The gun malfunctions on the other hand are hard to fake.  I have had more than my share of those.  In fact the last possie shoot I made in July, I had a broken case jamed in my 92 winny and to top it all off the hammer spring broke and it was down for the count.  Lucky I had my Marlin carby to finish with.  One of my favorite techniques to prove how not gammy I am is to load a batch of bulits that contain stelth loads (you know the ones with out powder).  I have just about perfected the non-gamer, game down to an art form.  I have not been able to practice my misses lately since the gun range is under repair and they have not allowed shooting on it the last 3 weeks.  I am glad they waited till deer season is almost on us before shutting the range down for a month.  Who says the DNR wants to decrease the deer population.  I think with their help I can even be a gamer when I am hunting for Game.  Oh well I guess that is just my sour grapes comming out.  I am glad we do have a place that all can shoot at, free to the public and actualy they are making the range larger so more of us can practice not being a Gamer like I do.  Vios, con Dios   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com