Author Topic: ATTENTION TO QUARTERS! Pay attention Y'all!  (Read 8793 times)

Offline Gripmaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ATTENTION TO QUARTERS! Pay attention Y'all!
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 10:52:00 PM »
Congratulations Drydock.  I  also think such a Lady would add much to the 2008 Muster. Some genteel refinement would do us all some good.

Marshall,  I had some ancesters who visited  England once in 1066. Second in command to Wm of Normandy was Eduard Lytile.
They decided to stay near Liddesdale in the West March of Scotland just east of Dumfries. Another ancester was also second in command to Sir Wm Wallace during his dispute with Eddy Longshanks. He also was named Eduard Little, son of Wallace's sister. He survived and went on to give a whole new meaning to the term Reiver (thats Border Ruffian to us Americans).  Maybe that is why I ended up here in Missouri, home of the US Border Ruffians during our dispute with Abraham Longshanks. Funny how things come full circle.

Offline Marshal

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ATTENTION TO QUARTERS! Pay attention Y'all!
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 02:49:38 AM »
Hi Gripmaker - some interesting stuff there - My surname is Ingham, and trying to trace it back I found that the surname came from Richard de Ingham who also came here from Normandy during the conquest. ... Maybe our ancestors fought side by side during the conquest - heck you might even be my long lost cousin......LOL  One thing for sure it's a very very small world when things like this come to light eh?   Cheers mate.

(Sorry to go off the thread folks)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com