Author Topic: New Recruits for February and March  (Read 3957 times)

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
New Recruits for February and March
« on: April 02, 2007, 04:54:13 PM »
Please join me in welcoming the following new recruits to the GAF. 

455   TOMMY TORNADO
456   TIONESTA TOBY
457   CAPTAIN LEE BISHOP
458   BUFFALO CREEK LAW DOG
459   KC COLT
460   Ralph Bogear
461   KIOWA JACK

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
Re: New Recruits for February and March
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 06:09:44 PM »
Welcome all!

Nice to see we're getting new recruits by the handfull.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 06:10:44 PM »
Welcome pards.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:26:58 AM »

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 09:00:47 PM »
Welcome all!

Nice to see we're getting new recruits by the handfull.

That, and the fact that I've been busier than the proverbial one-armed paper hanger of late.  I've been out of town more than I've been at home - and I'm catching up on all the enlistment requests that piled up while I was out and about.

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen

Offline Captain Lee Bishop

• Rough Rider, 1st US Cav (USV)
  • Top Active Citizen
  • ..on your order, Colonel Roosevelt!
    • Thunderbolt Productions
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 12:38:26 AM »
Thanky kindly, gents!
My main focus in CAS is for a Captain of the 1st USV Cav, the Rough Riders of the Span Am war. That allows me to use later 1800s weapons in CAS.
I'm a longtime historical re-enactor (started doing Rev War at the age of 5!), researcher and overall history geek. I've done pretty much every time period you can.
My "other" car is a WW2 Jeep so that puts things into perspective as my biggest focus is actually into WW2, and CAS is a new thing for me as I'm simply getting tired of all the semi-and-full-autos.
As my main thing has always been for military stuff, I've developed a serious interest in the Rough Riders. That's going to be my main impression once I get the last of the gear. I'm already armed with a pair of shiny Ruger New Vaqueros, a 1892 Winchester clone and a 97 riot gun.
Eventually I'll have a 1880s "gun hand" impression, but that's down the trail a fair piece. Right now, I'll stay with uniforms. I have LOTS of impressions, but not too many ones to use with CAS. I just got my 1st Cav impression done and I have a CW Ordnance LT impression (as I was an Ordnance officer in real life and spent a LOT of time at the museum's archives at Aberdeen researching this).

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »
Welcome, y'all!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Tommy tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Keep your pants and your powder dry.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 09:00:37 PM »
I am one of the other new recruits.  I have been posting mostly in other areas of CAS City, but always enjoy reading the Barracks.  My main focus is the period just after the Civil War.  I grew up the son of a CW reenactor and N-SSA shooter from IL.  For about 5 years I shot in the N-SSA myself, but then I moved to Texas.  Locally in Houston there is a lot of cool Civil War and post Civil War history.  A local "Ranger" company was formed from Fort Bend county to fight the War of Northern Aggression, a black troop riot happened on the west side of Houston during the late 1800's, etc.  Recently, I have been thinking about jumping back into CAS since I am changing jobs (going back to teaching 8th grade U. S. history and getting out of high school football) and will have a bit more time for shooting.  Currently, I am reading a variety of books on Custer.  One in particular, that I have enjoyed is Cavailar in Buckskin by Robert Utley.  If I had to pick one persona it would be an infantry private in Texas during Reconstruction.  It always suprised me that the U. S. almost invaded Mexico after the Civil War due to France's interference there under the authority of the Monroe Doctrine.  Custer was actually a part of the force assembling in Reconstruction Texas.  Also, I am amazed at the lack of manpower used to defend the Frontier and control the Natives.  For CAS, I like to shoot one of my many Cap and Ball revolvers, an 1866 Musket Model, and either a 12 ga. Coachgun or an original 1887 Win 10 ga.  I reload and make my own leather goods.  I usually, dress in an assortment of military and civilian items depending on the day.  I'll shoot in my Union Civil War Uniform or as a Confederate Vet after the war.  It just depends on my mood or the weather(it can get extremely hot and humid in Houston).
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 06:24:40 AM »
Welcome there men

I'll brake out the rum rations from the Wardroom.

Congrats on joining and look forward to serving with you

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Kiowa Jack 52241-L

• Citizen
  • 1st Sgt, 10th Cav
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 01:14:47 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, a little grog sounds good on a cold nite, but as the wardroom is offlimits to enlisted troops, guess it will taste as good around the fire.  I've been in SASS a little over2 years and am interested in all American history.  For SASS primarly from the mid 1800's through the Spanish American War, although I fudge up to the Philippine Insurection and the Pancho Villa era as I shoot Wild Bunch matches when they are held.  My main interest is the Indian War era, as I occasionally dress as a 1st Sgt, 10th Cav. Buffalo Soldier, mostly while on scout as my uniform is not completely regulation.  Other personnas I use are civilian/veteran scout, cowhand, and US Marshal IT.  My firearms are 4 Rugers a 66 Yellowboy, a Marlin 94 all in 38 spl, a 97 clone, and a recently acquired Stoeger SXS. Also a Rem-colt 1911A for Wild Bunch.  Am thinking about trying BP at a later date.
RUCAS, SASS-Life, ROII, GAF #461, RATS #348. SBSS #1985, IPSAC #70, NRA , USN (Ret. 56-78), Tonkin Gulf Yatch Club - PIREZ (68-70),  God Bless our Troops - Ready Forward

Offline Reb Tyree

• Bvt Lt. Col (SFC) Reb Tyree, CSA Chief of Staff Dept of the Pacific, GAF
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 07:31:37 PM »
Welcome Gentlemen

Y'all have a great time here.  Hope to see ya at one of the shoots!  Once again welcome to GAF!!!  Now get over here to the bar and have a shot of some Rebel Yell!    ;D ;D ;D
I have the Honor to remain,

Your Obedient Servant,

(SFC) Bvt Lt. Col Reb Tyree, CSA
Chief of Staff, Dept of the Pacific,
Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline Tionesta Toby

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 03:19:30 PM »
Thanks for the welcome (as Kiowa Jack said).  I don't visit this forum very often, so I'm a little late in responding.

My interest in military started with the Civil War.  I'm active in the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War and was active for a while in the Sons of Veterans Reserve (a department-level group within the SUVCW).  My participation in the SVR required me to be in uniform - so I currently have a couple of uniforms ranging from CW enlisted up through a Staff Lt.Col. uniform (though my trousers for that uniform are for an Infantry captain.  When I took the job as Lt.Col. I didn't have enough money to have trousers made when I got the Senior Officer frock so I went ahead and used the Junior Officer trowse.  In the intervening years, I've lost about 150 pounds so I don't know how well the uniforms will fit me at present.

Ken Hershberger (aka Tionesta Toby)
Baltimore, Maryland

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com