Author Topic: Ruger customer service is great  (Read 3570 times)

Offline jimmyb.1

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ruger customer service is great
« on: December 10, 2010, 09:14:32 AM »
In the process of swapping in some new hammers into my blackhawks I found out that I needed a new transfer bar.  Couldn't find them anywhere.   I ended up just sending the old used blackhawk back to Ruger w/ a list as to what was wrong with it.  They swaped out nearly all the internal parts including the pins along w/ a new base pin and latch.  Pretty cool of them.  

One thing that they didn't fix though was the firing pin does not extend very far toward the primer.  I can manually push the firing pin w/ a punch so that it really protrudes but that's only by pushing it below the flat surface where the transfer bar rests against.  Guess I need to install a longer firing pin in the future if I have problems.  It works now as is.

Offline August

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: Ruger customer service is great
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 02:32:01 PM »
Firing pin is inertial.  Therefore, when you operate the gun, the firing pin travels further than the hammer pushes it -- because of (here it comes) inertia.

Offline jimmyb.1

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 11:44:44 PM »
Very good.  I hadn't realized they designed it that way.  I was only comparing it to my other Blackhawk.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:28:57 PM »

Offline rickk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 09:05:58 PM »
My wife's cousin Sara used to work in the repair department in the Newport, NH plant. The was way back when Bill Ruger was still around. They got paid by the hour, not by the repair, and were pressured to do good work... fix everything that need fixing.

She showed me how to reassemble my Redhawk in about 45 seconds.  :o  Not that I could ever do that, but she sure could!

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 11:19:45 AM »
No outfit's customer service is better'n Ruger's.  Leastwise, as far as I can tell.
I sent a .243 Win M-77 back to Sturm Ruger in 1984 to be inspected for a small split (just a check actually) in the forearm.  They replaced & fitted a new stock, reblued the rifle, changed the floorplate, all springs, remounted the scope and sent it back FREE!!!!

More recently, I sent them two Super Blackhawks and later a pair of Vaueros to be checked for possible wide cylinder to barrel gaps, they did the virtually same services for FREE!!!! All of the aluminum components and many of the screws and springs were changed for new!  They even put new rear sight blades in the Blackies.

Merry Christmas,
MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Deadeye Dick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Deadeye & His Belle
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 05:45:19 PM »
I agree Ruger service is great. My only complaint is they changed out my Old Model Vaquero's stocks without asking me. The old ones were perfect and I loved the color and grain. The new ones are not to my liking, color and grain.
If I were to send it in with stocks that I like, I would request they not do that.
Deadeye Dick
NRA LIFE, NCOWS #3270, BLACK POWDER WARTHOG, STORM #254,
  DIRTY RATS #411, HENRY #139, PM KEIZER LODGE #219  AF&AM

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 10:16:28 PM »
Deadeye:

I ain't trying to be a smartass here...
And I realize hindsight is 20/20, but next time don't send them with ANY grip panels installed.
I've done that before and they have sent the 'shooters back with new wood anyhow.

Merry Chistmas,
Mustang Gregg
RATS #0
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Deadeye Dick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Deadeye & His Belle
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »
MG,
I'll do that for sure next time. They did do a lot of extra work that I very much appreciated and in a timely manner.
Deadeye Dick
NRA LIFE, NCOWS #3270, BLACK POWDER WARTHOG, STORM #254,
  DIRTY RATS #411, HENRY #139, PM KEIZER LODGE #219  AF&AM

Offline jimmyb.1

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 09:07:41 AM »
I ain't trying to be a smartass here...
And I realize hindsight is 20/20, but next time don't send them with ANY grip panels installed.
I've done that before and they have sent the 'shooters back with new wood anyhow.

That's a really good idea.  I changed back to stock all the mod's that I had done b/f I sent it in but never thought of the grips.  Fortunatly I had read that anything not stock stays in connecticut.  I got back the same dull and boring wood grips that it went in with.
jb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com