Author Topic: ROA Spare Cylinders  (Read 4171 times)

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ROA Spare Cylinders
« on: February 11, 2010, 08:23:48 PM »
Hi,

I have always had the fantasy of a pair of spare cylinders (a la Pale Rider) for my SS ROAs.

About a year ago, Ruger sent me word that they had them and I had to send my two guns in to get the new cylinders 'fitted'.

Then I heard that they were building '09 ROAs out of their pile of spare parts.

Do you think Ruger has any ROA SS cylinders left?

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
Re: ROA Spare Cylinders
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 04:39:42 AM »
Do you think Ruger has any ROA SS cylinders left?

Ask 'em!

Customer Service - Newport, NH Customer Service - Prescott, AZ
Service inquires for Shotguns, Revolvers, 22 Charger Pistols
and all Rifles except Police Carbines.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Customer Service Department
411 Sunapee Street
Newport, NH 03773

Telephone: 603-865-2442 / Fax: 603-863-6165
(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST)
 Service inquires for Police Carbines and all Pistols
excluding the 22 Charger Pistol.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Customer Service Department
200 Ruger Road
Prescott, AZ 86301

Telephone: 928-778-6555 / Fax: 928-778-6633
(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm MST)

www.ruger.com

I also seen 'em advertised at the Taylor's & Co. website, C & B and Cartridge Conversions...WWW.taylorsfirearms.com

Yeti76620
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 08:16:48 AM »
Yeti,

Thanks!

I had that information seomewhere, but it is nice to have it just where I can get at it quickly ... I am off to my morning tasks, but will call on Monday ....

WWE
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:46:44 AM »

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
Hey WWE,

Gotta thinking, ( I know it's kinda scary ), Ya have a good "Smitty"  ??? ??? ??? ???  he can have those spare cylinders fitted in less time it takes to drive to the Post Office (Fed Ex, UPS, Dahl, ETC) to send those Old Army's to Ruger... ;D ;D ;D

Yeti76620

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 07:35:33 PM »
Yeti,

I agree with you about the easiest way would be with my local gunsmith.

My thoughts about it:

1.) I have yet to find a good gunsmith that I would trust with such a project locally.

2.) Finding non-Ruger replacement cylinders would be as daunting as going to Ruger.
     (I know of only one company who offers replacements, and they are as far away as Ruger).

3.) Having the paperwork from Ruger that they did the work will make the pistols and cylinders more 'righteous' should I
     ever want to sell them.

NCOWS #3403

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »
Morn'n WWE,

I like the saying by the "Duke" and is a permanent postin' on the board of the Pale Horse Posse: "A man's gotta do what he thinks is Right"    ;D  I don't know if it's a big deal to do that Fittn' but then maybe it is.... ??? ???

My ol' Pard Pegleg Pete who passed away at the first day of last December shot with a couple pair Pietta Remington 1858's ( one steel frame and one "Texas" brass frame models ) with the spare cylinders and even Kirst Converters which gave him many years of FUN and a fair amount of grief too as he had told's me..... ;)

He got a pair of ROA's 'bout this time two years ago I reckon's and he felt that they were jus the Cat's A$$ and never touched those 1858 Remington's again 'cept in muttering remembrance of the grief they gave him when I was around anyways... :D...So I'm a thinking that the only way them PRETTY SS ROA's is leaving you is when yur play'n Cowboys & NDN's with my ol' Pard.... :D

I'm loooos'n possession of Pard's ROA's 'cuse they're being claimed to the Widow by the fella he sold's 'em to Pete for what he was paid for 'em back-in-the-day...Not my business for it's a deal between other ol' friends and it doesn't matter what I think'n the deal .  So It is just Fitt'n that I start my C & B experience the way my Ol' Pard did and decide if I want to look for a pair of ROA's of my own or continue with my old dream of a pair of Ruger Bisley 45 Colt in SS.............."A man's gotta do what he think's is Right"  and I don't know if the "holy black" is right for me...  ???- ....Pegleg Pete sure had FUN!... :D :D  Have ta ride the trains of time to finds out!

I do know that Pard could't swap the cylinders between the two ROA's

Good Luck to Ya WWE!

Yeti76620

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 05:06:43 PM »
Yeti,

The dream/plan that I have is to send BOTH ROAs back to the factory and have them work them over so that ANY cylinder will work with any ROA ...

That's the plan ... don't know if it is doable, but I figure I have to have a LOT of money saved up before I start the plan, so in the mean time I'm just planin' ...

NCOWS #3403

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 04:47:07 AM »
I ordered a pair of Kirst Converter cylinders for my ROAs in a huge rush of blood. Now I'm thinking I would have been better off ordering a pair of 45 pistols, it is going to be a real bear importing them. They should be fun if and when I do get them.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com