Author Topic: Wild Bunch North of the Medecine Line "kinda!"  (Read 14479 times)

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 170
Re: Wild Bunch North of the Medecine Line "kinda!"
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 01:04:52 PM »
We don't know yet.  They are still working on the rulebook. ;D
Apparently.  ;) WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 11:23:03 AM »
The news today is that there is flooding in the Bella Coola valley.  The only highway out is covered in water.  Rainfall has been severe but is currently slacking off;

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CABC0029

NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 02:02:42 PM »
Damned raindances. They ought to be outlawed.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:46:08 AM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 10:14:28 AM »
Bugscuffle - re: "outlaw raindances"

Especially in isolated communities with one road in and out; a road the residents built themselves that would turn your hair white and make you abandon any trailer you were towing. The only other access is by boat.

Brush up on your 'Spanish' and check out a few "beautiful butts" in Bella Coola .... ;>) Bring along your PFD and check out the flooded Atnarko River banks. Watch out for the grizzlies who are trying to pack on some weight before winter.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »
Bugscuffle - re: "outlaw raindances"

Especially in isolated communities with one road in and out; a road the residents built themselves that would turn your hair white and make you abandon any trailer you were towing. The only other access is by boat.

Brush up on your 'Spanish' and check out a few "beautiful butts" in Bella Coola .... ;>) Bring along your PFD and check out the flooded Atnarko River banks. Watch out for the grizzlies who are trying to pack on some weight before winter.

Irrespective of how the town got it's name, it still translates to "beautiful butt" in Spanish. Y si, yo hablo Espa~ol, y Ruski tosha!
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 01:04:54 PM »
Bugscuffle

I went 'googling' .....  found out that "bella/bello" is indeed beautiful in the romance languages. Only reference I could find re: "coola" was the Italian word 'culo' m. (vulgar) ass. Seems you might be right about a similar word in Spanish.

However, I wouldn't bandy your definition about in Bella Coola. The natives and later Norwegian settlers might take umbridge.

Now, back to "Wild Bunch North" ..... ;>)

I stumbled into a video shop t'other day and asked if they had a copy of the "Wild Bunch". The clerk walked right over to it, a new enhanced DVD 'director's cut'. I asked if it was for sale and it was. Gotta set aside some time to watch it .....
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 02:08:18 PM »
Got my bargain priced copy of TWB, restored directors cut.  8) 8)

I have yet to open it as I regularly watch the TV version when it comes on. :P
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Crotchety Old Grouch

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 02:07:24 PM »
Grey Fox must have read this thread.   Was just trolling around the SASS Annual match schdule for next year and saw that next years (2012) Headquarters match in Victoria is titled, "Pig War At Solmonella Gulch".  The following weekend the SASS Canadian Championship will be at Courtenay.  Guess I'm gonna have to make another trip up north

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 06:04:02 PM »
Thanks pard. It is amazing what a little investigation into "FACTS" will do. My only contention was that it translates into "beautiful butt" in Spanish, which it does, and that Spanish explorers, specifically Captain Revillagidedo, for whom the island that Ketchikan, Alaska sits on is named.In that Ketchikan is a mere 100 miles from Bela Coola, B.C. it is not a giant leap to think that the town was named in the Spanish language.

Bugscuffle

I went 'googling' .....  found out that "bella/bello" is indeed beautiful in the romance languages. Only reference I could find re: "coola" was the Italian word 'culo' m. (vulgar) ass. Seems you might be right about a similar word in Spanish.

However, I wouldn't bandy your definition about in Bella Coola. The natives and later Norwegian settlers might take umbridge.

Now, back to "Wild Bunch North" ..... ;>)

I stumbled into a video shop t'other day and asked if they had a copy of the "Wild Bunch". The clerk walked right over to it, a new enhanced DVD 'director's cut'. I asked if it was for sale and it was. Gotta set aside some time to watch it .....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com