Author Topic: GAF site photo. What the heck????  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Captain Lee Bishop

• Rough Rider, 1st US Cav (USV)
  • Top Active Citizen
  • ..on your order, Colonel Roosevelt!
    • Thunderbolt Productions
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
GAF site photo. What the heck????
« on: June 27, 2008, 09:15:27 PM »
I was looking through the GAF site and saw this photo of a color guard:

:o
I can't say I can ID the lower flag to the viewer's left, but I clearly see a US flag, on a higher staff, in a position to the left of another flag. Did anyone give these folks a heads up on how to do this? The US flag in a color guard must always be on a taller pole and must be in a position to the right (or in the lead if in single file). Yes, I can see another flag to the left of it, but the US flag is always in a right position (I did color guards in high school and college ROTC and had to train others in proper procedures). I've been seeing a lot of this lately, I even saw a fire department color guard at a Seattle Mariner's game with the US flag to the left one time. Still, I would expect more from folks who clearly have a stronger eye for details. Even more, I would not have expected this to be on the GAF website for the same reason!

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
Re: GAF site photo. What the heck????
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 06:11:11 PM »
My fault about it being in the middle!  The flag that you can see is the NCOWS flag and on the other side is the GAF flag.  Those are both on shorter flag staffs than the National colors.  This was at the NCOWS Nationals.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 07:29:47 PM »
Dr. Bob - Thank you for taking the heat on this, but as this was MY operation, I'll take the criticism. 

Capt. Bishop, I apologize and when I read over the instructions (my First color guard that I have ever organized) I missed that very important detail.  I had the National colors on the high standard as the "centerpiece" of the 3 flags.  As you can see, we were greatly shorthanded and perhaps shouldn't have flown the other flags, but ...

As to why Dr. Bob did his noble act, you see, all the other participants portray officers.  When I'm not wearing my new Rank as Bvt. Lt.Col., I am an NCO.  Dr. Bob had done a few displays and I elected to have the "ranking man" as the OIC.

No excuses.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Sincerely,
Bvt. Lt.Col. J.C. Bailey
Commander, Central District, Department of the Atlantic
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:32:40 PM »

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 10:21:53 PM »
I gotta say it.  Shit happens---TO ALL OF US!
In 2002 we did the First GAF Muster in Cheyenne at Hell On Wheels.  We did the marching, wheeling, presentation of the flag & even flag raising correctly.

But then folks wanted photo ops & so we formed up again. 
But now the Stars & Stripes was in the center betwixt 2 Cavalry guidons...DANG!!!!!

I dunno how we goofed it up, but we did.  And we all knew better.  >:(

Mustang (shamed) Gregg
PSG, Co D, 2-135th GSAB
Nebrasky's Heavy 'Hookers
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com