Author Topic: First match with the 1858 Factory Conversions.  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Wagon Box Willy

• Top Active Citizen
    • My BPCR/CAS Site
  • SASS #: 89519
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
First match with the 1858 Factory Conversions.
« on: June 21, 2014, 07:30:57 PM »
Shot in Maine today with the new pistols and shot clean.  Other than lubing them and adjusting the main spring screw tension the pistols were stock.

As compared to my 1875's the 58's required less between stage lube and seems to have gotten way less dirty.  While my 1875's have thousands of rounds and a trip to a gunsmith over the winter to smooth them up the new '58's didn't feel all that rough and after a stage or two felt like I'd been shooting them all season.

Another plus over the '75's is that the cylinder is much easier to remove.  On the '75's if I wait too long to clean I need a tool to pull the cylinder pin to remove the cylinder.  With the 58's not only did they not get as dirty but pulling the pin is easy and tool-less.

I was worried about the shiny grips and was convinced I needed to get them checkered or engraved (although the walnut is figured very nicely) but because I needed less lube they never actually got slippery.

Also, I don't find the brass ejection difficult at all, and as a matter of fact easier than with the '75's.

All in all I'm very happy with them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com