Author Topic: Info on this US"P"FA SAA  (Read 141 times)

Offline alouisf02

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Info on this US"P"FA SAA
« on: May 07, 2024, 02:49:37 PM »
I have this USFA SAA I purchased about 12 years ago and I'm trying to find value information on it. Prices on GB seems to vary a lot. I was chatting with another collector friend of mine and he stated it looks like an earlier one that was made with some Uberti parts maybe? So that makes it a parts gun?  I only really know the information about them that I read in an article close to 20 years ago that spoke about their acquisition and what they were doing. I thought their history and what they offered were really cool, so when I found one, I had to have it.

That being said, here we are many years later and this has always been tucked at the back of my safe, so figured I'd look into moving it... but I need to know more about it.

From what info I do have... is it's serial # starts with a DFC prefix, so sold through Davidsons. I called Turnbull Restoration a few years ago when I was trying to research it and they verified it had "been through their shop" around May 0f 97' if I remember correctly. Not that they built it, but just what they said. I'm assuming they did the color case hardening? It's marked USPFA on top, is in 45LC, and has a second cylinder in 45ACP. I've put maybe 20 rounds though it in it's lifetime.

Any information or direction is much appreciated. I was referred here and been searching in this subforum, but maybe someone more versed in these can chime in. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards - A

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/etIvf6f

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
Re: Info on this US"P"FA SAA
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 03:15:48 PM »
My understanding is that all USPFA guns were made of Italian parts and were the first guns USFA issued. From what I have observed on the auction sights is some USPFA guns sell for almost as much as the USA parts guns. I think it depends on condition and how desirable it might be.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1230
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 04:28:08 PM »
Yours has a black powder frame, that's nice!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:33:40 PM »

Offline alouisf02

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 03:10:34 PM »
Thanks guys.  I appreciate the info provided.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com