Author Topic: Tweeking front sight on an SAA  (Read 3118 times)

44caliberkid

Tweeking front sight on an SAA
« on: July 02, 2006, 10:17:33 PM »
I have an Italian repro clone that shoots to the left.  Front sight appears to list slightly to the right so I would like to bend it just a smidge back left.  What are some methods you have used to carefully make a slight adjustment?

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Tweeking front sight on an SAA
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 01:18:51 PM »
I would give mine to a good gunsmith.  That's the most careful way to get the barrel turned.  :D
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Laredo Crockett

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 09:26:33 PM »
As Camille said, it would be better to get the barrel turned to correct the problem.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:35:18 PM »

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 09:29:50 PM »
Have your wife whallop you on the same side of your head with your '66 Win. rifle butttstock so that you will forever list to the correct side thereby compensating for the front sight.  ;D Couldn't resist that, C.F.! ;D

44caliberkid

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 07:21:30 PM »
Guess I will turn the barrel a smidge.  I know how to do it safely and have a '58 Remington that needs it too.  Sounds like a good article for The Shootist, turning and making your own action wrench, much cheaper than the $90 Brownells gets for one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com