Author Topic: Rodeo II deal?  (Read 219 times)

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1234
Rodeo II deal?
« on: May 07, 2024, 10:12:29 PM »
I have a line on a pair of .38 Rodeo II's with Longhunter actions and some sort of stag grips (not Sambar, I forget what but maybe Elk), like new for $2K.  The only reason I haven't bought them is they are 5 1/2" barrels and I would prefer 4 3/4" as these would be shooters, not collectors and I just like the shorter barrels better.  But I'm still thinking about it, and I think that is a pretty good price, yes?  Meaning, if I ended up not shooting them much, I could get my money back?

edit to add: I think the boxes, etc are included.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 127
Re: Rodeo II deal?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 08:02:45 AM »

:) Hi Abilene  ;)

Waddia mean your "thinking About It???"  While I'm not a "collector" of anything, that be a great price for the USFA IIs in the present market place, and they will make you a profit and would/will be great "trade goods" for something you really like.

GO FOR IT if you haven't already!!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 09:08:44 AM »
I have to agree, at a grand apiece in today's market, they are great trade fodder.

when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:13:53 PM »

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 930
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 10:09:11 AM »
DITTO to what everyone else said.

Dave

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1234
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 02:06:31 PM »
Well, the situation has changed.  First of all, after having the guns at a recent swapmeet, the owner did some more investigating and discovered his price was low, so now they are $2600 for the pair.  He told me he would still honor the original price to me, but the other thing is that I was mistaken about the caliber - they are not .38's, they are .44 Special.  And while I love .44 Special, I already have a pair of Colt's which I don't shoot that much any more, plus several Uberti guns in that caliber, so I shall be passing on these.  He is taking them to the SASS State match on Memorial day weekend, and if he doesn't sell there will take to a local shop for consignment.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 127
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 04:45:48 PM »

:) Well Heck Abilene  ;)

Maybe and perhaps you have just dodged a bullet (so to speak).  Would be a major bummer to meet and greet to final the sale and THEN get the bad news about the caliber and price hike.  Nice the seller is willing to honor the original price, but in light of the fact the guns would be "surplus to requirements" as soon as you got them home, better if fall apart now.  Also important, when your laying out copious amounts of folding green, you get exactly what you want.

Offline Pangaea

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2024, 09:51:13 AM »
I could be mistaken, but a pair of Rodeo II's in that caliber would be rare.  I've never seen them in that caliber before. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com