Author Topic: 45 ACP using a 450 SMC Case?  (Read 2860 times)

Offline paledun

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
45 ACP using a 450 SMC Case?
« on: September 17, 2013, 03:36:50 PM »
While I have attempted to locate someone with information regarding loading 450 SMC brass for their 45 APC loads, I have been unsuccessful.  There is some information on the web about higher velocity loads but noting about lead.  If you are using a 450 SMC case for your Wild Bunch loads, I would appreciate information and/or advice.  Paledun (from the Spencer Forum)

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1231
Re: 45 ACP using a 450 SMC Case?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 05:09:18 PM »
Howdy Paledun,
I'm sorry but I cannot answer your question directly, having no experience with that brass.  I can say that I have never heard of anyone using either 45 Super or 450 SMC brass to load for Wild Bunch.  A search of the very active Wild Bunch forum on SASSNET.Com does not show any mention of that brass.  Since 45acp brass is so commonplace and there is no "need" for the thicker Super or SMC brass at Wild Bunch power levels, I'm curious why you would want to use it?  At the WB matches I've attended, you are lucky to get half of your brass back, usually mixed with brass from others.  That's just the nature of the beast with the way 1911's fling the brass all over and the varied terrain involved.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com