Author Topic: "Hell To Pay"  (Read 15877 times)

Offline B. Butch Cavendish

• Very Active Citizen
    • Arizona Cowboy shooters Association
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Hell To Pay"
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 12:30:03 AM »
 Probly the worst movie ever made! Next to the army v. D. films. Come on boys it's a must see. Have a drink or two or ten and enjoy the sass folks, and try to remember stella stephens before she turned into your grandmama.  Hell if you don't like it rent broken back mountain it might be more to your taste.
Butch Cavendish was the first lone Ranger bad guy. Arizona Rangers, Sons of confederate veterans, William Clarke Quantrill Society. Outlaw, lawdog, merchant, mercenary, Preacher. "Too mean to forgive, Too mad to forget."

Offline Pukin Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • The frozen tundra of Madison, Wi
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2006, 12:36:30 PM »
There is probably more humor in Army VD films.  Sorry, but seeing some SASS shooters in a movie doesn't help much.  Bottom line is the movie was poorly done, not much of a story line and all the actors are just going through the motions.

I'm giving mine away as a door prize at the next big shoot I go to and hope they don't give me a "SOG" for it!
"Puking Dog" Danlbach

Soot Lord Junior Grade
Semi-Warthog

Offline deucedaddyj

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2006, 01:35:30 PM »
Boy, if it's really that bad, I have no desire to ever see it! It's been a while since I've heard someone say a movie was so bad they couldn't watch it!

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:11:23 AM »

Offline Prof. Bullspit

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2006, 01:43:12 PM »
I'll swim against the stream here and say that I liked the movie. In fact I've watched it several times.

I'm not saying that it is a "good" movie, I recognize it's faults but I didn't expect this to be more than what it is and maybe that's why I don't judge it as harshly as others have. Going in I thought of this as a low budget effort. I don't compare it to Tombstone or Open Range. I compare it to what I think I could make if given a couple of high end digital cameras and $10,000 dollars to play with.

Personally, I would like to see more movies like this made, but you could skip the professional actors and use only SASS folks and I'd be happy with it!

Offline edwardgfisher

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 03:27:49 PM »
It appears that every discussion of the movie "dissappeared" from the SASS wire so I came over here to what all y'all had to say about it.

The production suffers in a lot of respects.  Not being an expert on firearms of the period I looked carefully because that is the thing I expected them to get "most right."  from the comments here, I suspect they did not get it wrong.

Now for costume, I saw some earlier comments but thought I'd add my two cents.  I'm pretty sure Lt KIrby Scott was wearing a Colonel's birds on his shoulders and (in the closing scenes) brassieres like that just had not been invented yet to say nothing of such a sheer see-through fabric.

I thought it incredible that Kirby could throw a double bladed axe with one hand and yet had to be shown how to chop wood with it.  They probably did Holy Terror a favor by not giving her a speaking role considering that they didn't coach any of the amateurs, they at least didn't let her loook bad.  Somehow I think she would have done a better job than some others even without coaching.

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 115
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 05:18:16 PM »
...(in the closing scenes) brassieres like that just had not been invented yet to say nothing of such a sheer see-through fabric.
Corsets were the item of "torture" at the time. Sheer fabric may have existed, but the wearing of it would have been very immodest.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Reb Tyree

• Bvt Lt. Col (SFC) Reb Tyree, CSA Chief of Staff Dept of the Pacific, GAF
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2006, 08:07:16 PM »
Howdy all, havhing watched the film twice now.  I can say that it was ok as a "B" movie.  But as for the opening scene The Yankee Lt is wearing Col rank.  This sets the tone that the did't have a tech adviser for the military end of the film.  The did get Evil Roy's uniform correct.  Weapons were mixed.  And the film was slow on the plot.  But hopefully they will try again and consult others who know about the proper attire.  Being a Civil War reenactor I tend to notice the little military items.

Your obedient servant,

Bvt Capt (SSG) Reb Tyree, CSA
Commander, Central California Cavalry
Dept of the Pacific, GAF

43 Va Cav, Co A, ANV (Mosby's Rangers) ACWA, SASS, GAF, BOLD, NRA, USAR
I have the Honor to remain,

Your Obedient Servant,

(SFC) Bvt Lt. Col Reb Tyree, CSA
Chief of Staff, Dept of the Pacific,
Grand Army of the Frontier

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com