Author Topic: tang screw set  (Read 1914 times)

Offline hammer1

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
tang screw set
« on: September 03, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
Ive become frustrated, ive tried 3 different recommended screw sets from marbles for my uberti. Can anyone tell me definitively , what the correct set of screws for a uberti 1876 using a marbles tang sight, would be???? Thanks, Brian. Ive tried 995019, 995021, and 995001, eventually, ill have em all.

Offline Silver_Rings

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gunfighter who shoots for fun.
  • Liked:
Re: tang screw set
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 08:44:14 PM »
Hammer1,

The 995019 is the set that I used.  The screw that goes through the stock in to the lower tang will be a bit too long.  You will need to file it to the correct length.  The way I did this is:

Measure the extra length of the screw, what sticks out too far on the bottom.
Remove the screw,  put masking tape on the lower tang to protect the metal and wood while you file the screw.
Screw the screw back in but do not put the sight base on.  The screw will stick out even further than before.  Use a metal file to file the screw to the correct length.  Take off too little rather than too much.
Remove the screw.  Put the sight base back on and put the screw in tight.  check to make sure the screw does not stick out too far or it will keep the lever safety from working.

Silver Rings
Gunfighter, SASS 27466, NRA Life, GOFWG, BOSS, RO 1, RO 2

Offline hammer1

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:06:08 PM »
Silver rings, I have that set, it wont even start through the upper tang hole, and the smaller screw barly gets started,  and seems like its the wrong thread. Thanks for the help, though. I looked back at some past topics and found one that stated 995034 was the set. Eventually, ill have all of them. ;)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:52:16 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com