Author Topic: My new 76  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Mad Dog Jack

• Active citizen
  • SASS #: 77862
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My new 76
« on: January 20, 2009, 11:10:42 PM »
I picked up my Uberti 76, var. Stoeger, yesterday. My 45-60 brass and 300gr bullets and a tang sight arrived on Friday so I spent some time today getting the dies set up and loading some BP loads. 62 gr of BP, a wad, and some trials and tribulation later I had 20 rounds loaded up, went over to a friends place to try some very informal shooting to try the gun out. I did not know if it would hit the side of the hill, let alone what we set up as a target at about 100 yards. Actually all things considered it went well. There was a problem with a safety device activated when action is closed, it won't let the trigger move until the lever is up against the frame. It did not always disengage, making it hard, or impossible, to pull the trigger. We dissasembled the gun, filed down the part a little, put it all back together and shot the rest of the rounds. The trigger worked much more smoothly. We shot at a target about 6" square and was almost always real close, if not hitting it. Next project is a more formal shooting at paper for groups.
What fun! Recoil was managable, real potential as a 100-250 yrd gong gun for side matches is there. Lotsa smoke too. ;D
MDJ
NEVER drink downstream beer!
STORM #318

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: My new 76
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 07:45:05 AM »
Howdy Pard
Come to the NCOWS National Shoot . We will offer side matches on Thursday to shoot your 76 in . Hope to see you in June .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com