Author Topic: September's coffee & conversation is up  (Read 146416 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: September's coffee & conversation is up
« Reply #460 on: September 24, 2014, 06:45:52 PM »
Enjoyed the day. Got out in the barn 'n played awhile. Gotta squeaky clean K-38 ta dirty up.

L'il cooler 'n a l'il less humidity 'n it'd been close ta perfect. Awful fine breeze ta go with it. Hopin' for no rain tomorrow. Or at least nothin' fallin' twix 'bout nine 'n one out the radar trap otherwise known as Waverly way.

Did pahster (Robert Irvine pronunciation) 'n store bought meat ball/sauce. Stuffed. Don't think I'd fit in one the skinny, open wheel rice caws.

Fat lady went ta HT ta score some dope. Come home with the dope 'n most of their salad bar. Guess I misunderestimated her mood for rabbit food.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #461 on: September 24, 2014, 07:46:11 PM »
We went to Chili's  ,SUCKED !

I ordered the SW egg rolls , burger sliders , buffalo chicken , it really an appetizer plate , but I opp'ed it for my dinner.
Looked good in the Menu...We waited some 45 minutes from ordering to food arrival

Burgers were Dried out and way beyond well done, little buns were hard or stale  , Buffalo chicken chunks were fried hard ( clanked on the plate ) and dried out....
the pieces of celery sat on plate so long they were wilted....
The SW Egg rolls were passable I guess...    

I said forget it , take it and adjust the check ...Manager stopped by offered something quick as my wife & daughter were eating.
Soup she said or Salad ?  Nope thanks but no thanks... so she brought a a dam chicken Cesar salad....anyway
and by-God charged for it !  >:(

I'll never go there again !

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #462 on: September 24, 2014, 08:39:29 PM »
My opinion of the place also, over priced lousy food.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #463 on: Today at 06:21:07 PM »

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #463 on: September 24, 2014, 10:03:48 PM »
Had fresh garden maters I got from a friend and some cottage cheese with a tall glass of SweeTea,best maters I've had in a long time
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #464 on: September 24, 2014, 10:07:45 PM »
Don't know that i'v ever ate in a chili's. Won't now...

Made Musqudine Jelly tonight got 9 jars made. Think that cover a bunch of biscuits the next year.
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #465 on: September 24, 2014, 10:19:59 PM »
Evenin' y'all.

Rain started about 3 this afternoon.  It's been going since then.

School makes like a Hoover still.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: September 25, 2014, 05:06:10 AM »
Mornin'.

Ain't lookin' quite as nice out as yestitty but it is what it is.

Ennways...................

Have gun(s). Will travel. Offer void in Kalifornia.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: September 25, 2014, 05:07:20 AM »
Opps, almost fergot. I'll n'er eat at Chili's agin!

It's Jollibee for me!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: September 25, 2014, 05:44:46 AM »
53 and dark here. ::)

Arcey, you might wanna watch the The Rep again. may have a situation brewing. Three perps tried to rob a Marathon station here Monday night. Clerk has been open carrying because of previous attempts. They came in shooting and winged the clerk who shot back and killed two of them. Video of outside shows them entering with guns drawn, and then staggering out and trying to crawl off. Last night coming home from practice we went by there and there was a dang candle light vigil going on on the corner in front of the station with several cruisers parked across the street watching'em. Might be another of the St. Louis area things starting here because of it. Poor perps shoulda not been shot since they were just sticking the place up, I guess. Third one got away, but I guess they're saying that he was caught up in Cleveland yesterday. Haven't heard on that one yet for confirmation ::) :o :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: September 25, 2014, 06:15:36 AM »
Seems this country's gone half crazy, when you have riots for weeks because some yahoo decides to try to beat up a cop and gets shot for his trouble. Hears on the radio yesterday, somebody burned down the memorial in Ferguson, so the riot begins all over again.

Arcey, if you got a Jollibee's there, my wife will be jealous! There's one about every half mile in the Philippines. To me, seems like most any fast food chain here-Food's never great, but at least it's the same level of mediocre everywhere you go.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: September 25, 2014, 06:51:04 AM »
The and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. No breakfast yet, I am still trying to wake up.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: September 25, 2014, 07:18:02 AM »
Buck that is two less thugs on the street who won't be taken the livelyhoods of others.
Sorry to hear the clerk was wounded, wish him a speed recovery.

Nice cool morning here. Weather predicters claim it will be warming up again.

Thanks for the coffee
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: September 25, 2014, 11:18:02 AM »
Twitter is posting that Eric Holder has resigned...... However is that he is being eyed to replace Ginsberg. Country had gone to hell
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: September 25, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »
We certainly don't need that horse's a#$ as one of the Supremes >:(
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #474 on: September 25, 2014, 03:29:46 PM »
I doubt very much that he would be approved for the position, with all the skeletons in his closet,The questioning by the R's would make him withdraw because he wouldn't want to answer those questions
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #475 on: September 25, 2014, 03:46:50 PM »
I suppose it would be OK if he were one of the Supremes
He could take the place of Diana Ross  ::)

I hope your'e right ....Major
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: September 25, 2014, 07:30:16 PM »
Strange. Spend the day it Waverly 'n I pull The Canton Rep up when I get home 'n I see an ad for Wackerly.........................

Thanks for the tip, Buck. Enjoyed the video. Hope he got 'em before they reproduced.

PE, Jollibee's maybe two miles down the road. Opened last year. Stays packed.

Ennyways.....

Sure was nice out. O'ercast. Didn't hit 70° by the dash board thermometer thingy. Read 68° when I left a few minutes 'fore 1300 hrs.

Awful fine OFSDAR day, hadda blast. Twas the first loser.

Missed the 4th shot of the match. Screwed the grip when I drew, shot 3 knockdowns, clean, awkward but clean. When I was movin' to the next point, went ta regrip 'n got it werse. Threw the 4th under the freakin' target. Speed kills. Cleaned the rest of the stage. That knocked the rust off. Shot the next 140 rounds after the miss clean. Executed the dreaded Flatboat Bob Sweep on six, no P, no miss.

The stage set for the day.

Shooter reloadin' 'n movin' twix points with RO 'n spotters in pursuit.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #477 on: September 25, 2014, 08:49:08 PM »
Evenin' y'all.

Personally, I think resigning of Ole' mister Holder is worth some celebration.  I poured a Coca-Cola in a cup with ice and drank to his memory. ::)

Rain.  About an inch, with more forecast for later.  Only problem is, All the puddles and mud...and no truck to splash through them. >:(

Y'all have a good rest of the evening.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: September 25, 2014, 09:01:20 PM »
Probably no great improvement when Holder leaves. He'll jut be replaced by someone just like him. Only bright spot about it was I heard mention of possibly nominating Clair McCaskill. Not that I think she'd be any better as attorney Gen, but at least I wouldn't have to hang my head in shame when I hear "The Senior Senator from the state of Missouri, Clair McCaskill".

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: September 26, 2014, 06:12:31 AM »
Mornin'.

Drizzlin'. Supposed ta clear off ' get ta seventy sumthin'
'
Holder quittin' or no, ain't nothin' good comin' out this administration.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com