Author Topic: 16 ga. -- I can't feed Francis & Sister  (Read 5742 times)

Offline Lou Graham

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
16 ga. -- I can't feed Francis & Sister
« on: June 21, 2005, 08:07:53 AM »
Graf & Sons is out, has been out and will be out for the foreseeable future (as in months) of Cheddite 16 Ga. LOW BRASS (8mm) hulls.  They are the last known place to find LOW BRASS 16 ga.  Ballistic Products puts them in the catalog, but they aren't carrying them anymore.  I'm on my 3rd reload on these hulls and I've had to throw out a lot.  I don't use them if they look even a tiny bit iffy.

Did anybody lay in a supply?  Would you be willing to sell me some?  It's got to be low brass, that's what these ladies like.  We don't want all brass hulls, we want these  <Lou stamps foot on behalf of Francis and Sister> 

I don't have enough left to reload to even get me through a monthly match, nevermind Thunder in the Valley (MA. CT. RI. state) next month. 

Plan B:  try and get Elsie up to snuff for shucking shells (she's my 12 ga.) and see if I can adjust to her weight/balance in time for Thunder in the Valley. 

Plan C: shoot smokeless until I can get shotgun hulls for my girls. 

It was my intention to shoot BP for the state championship, but the execution must be flawless and the wind from the south for me to have a chance.  I really need those dang hulls.
Soot Lady
You can never be too thin, too rich or have too much ammo

Offline El Paso Pete

• Big Lube Boolit Shooter, shootin BP since 1958
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Life, NRA Patron, RATS #1, Warthog
  • Liked:
Re: 16 ga. -- I can't feed Francis & Sister
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 09:31:06 AM »
El Paso Pete   SASS #55577L  RATS #1
Mules,  Whiskey,  Diamonds,  Nails,  Gold Mines,  Fly Swatters,  Barbed Wire,  Oil Wells,  Runnin Irons.
Governments Run, Revolutions Started, Uprising Quelled, Bridges Destroyed, Saloons Emptied, Whiskey Bonded, Taxes Collected, Gold Mines Salted

EL PASO PETE’S MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Simply return the unused portion of the product and
El Paso Pete will refund the unused portion of your money.

Offline Lou Graham

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 11:20:56 AM »
Nada.
Too high.  She even went and got one and got a ruler out to make sure.
Nice folks to talk to, though.
Soot Lady

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:51:16 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 11:23:09 AM »
looks like you're gonna have to do some 12ga developement, Miz Lou.......Buck 8) ::) :o :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Buckey O'Neill

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 03:19:01 PM »
Lou,
Sent ya an e-mail.
Buckey

Offline Texas John Critter

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 08:03:52 AM »
Lou, just import your own!  Looks like you would have to buy 3000 of them. I have no idea what the hassle would be ordering them direct from Cheddite but the contact info is there if you want to pursue it.   http://www.cheddite.com/indexENG.htm
He any good?
He's killed more people than smallpox!
Well hell, introduce us.

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
    • www.cowboy45special.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 04:33:25 PM »
Lou, just import your own!  Looks like you would have to buy 3000 of them. I have no idea what the hassle would be ordering them direct from Cheddite but the contact info is there if you want to pursue it.   http://www.cheddite.com/indexENG.htm

There might be something to this Lou.

What if ya found a pard in the UK or Europe that could buy em and fedex or mail em to ya?  Shipping would be rough, but if ya bought a whole bunch....
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

Offline Lou Graham

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 08:46:27 PM »
If I bought a whole bunch........ I wouldn't have to worry about running out again ;D

Wonnerful Hubby (with me making fussing noise in the background) polished on the chambers some more on Sister.  I'm going to try some long brass tomorrow with her.  I put the hulls through the squsiher thing even though they were new and then loaded 'em.  

Nobody, but nobody is messin' with Francis.  She will just have to wait for hulls.  
Soot Lady

Offline Flinch Morningwood

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 04:47:43 PM »
Did the long hulls shuck better after the bores were polished???
"I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight."

- Jayne Cobb

Offline TAkaho kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 07:04:22 PM »

Nada on importing your own from Cheditte. Grafs is the importer - period. In addition the minimum order is 50,000. I have had this discussion with Mike Graf. Mike is willing but its 50,000 min. and it takes up to ten months before your container of hulls hits stateside.

On the good side.....
When I talked to Mike he was considering bringing in a 50,000 unit order himself. If he has done this and its not too late he can add however many you want onto it or you can wait and hope to get part of the 50,000. There was a group over on the Doublegun BBS getting an order together which Mike was more than willing to broker. However it seems to have fallen through due to lack of comitment on the part of the would be purchasers.

Mind you these are paper 16's.

Lou if you want to bring in a bunch talk to Mike. Hes great to deal with and will help you out however he can.

P.S.
Cheditte will ONLY sell primed hulls. Therefore they Must be shipped via slow freighter. They cannot be shipped via air.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com