Author Topic: John Wayne Red River D's  (Read 2251 times)

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
John Wayne Red River D's
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:19:29 AM »
Check out the price on this set of John Wayne Red River D's. Very nice looking firearms but just a bit out of my price range.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/detail.cfm?id=100490949
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline GaryG

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: John Wayne Red River D's
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 07:57:52 PM »
As I remember, Dennis came up with the design for the Shot Show but they guns were all done by John Adams.  The grips were Tru Ivory and if you look closely at the upper left corner of the case, there was a paper weight that went in there.  That was also done by the John Adams.  Border engraved and there was a copper "D" in the middle.   The set was limited to 100 but less than 50 were ordered.  The first 50 were sets of 2, JW1 and 1JW, JW2 and 2JW, etc.   Can't remember how many were done but not many.  The second 50 were JW50, JW51, etc.  Again, didn't get many orders.  Perhaps because they came out a year after the 100th anniversary of his birth.  I think the set was about $5k.   There was also a box (not the case) that came with it.  Sort of a reddish brown with a copper foil Red River D brand on the cover.  Finally, there was  also holsters and belts.

Though the set was marketed as one nickle and one colorcase gun,  a few went out with 2 nickles or 2 colorcase.  The CC guns had the Red River D brand on the shovel in copper.  The nickle guns also had the brand on the shovel but the nickle plated over the copper.   

I'd value them at not more than 50% of the asking price but what do I know. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com