Author Topic: USFA J. Adams Engraver??  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Jughead

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USFA J. Adams Engraver??
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:41:55 PM »
I have a nickle USFA SAA engraved by a "J. Adams". Does anyone know who he is?How good is his work?  Did he work for USFA factory or is/was he independent engraver? Anything you can tell me would be appreciated. THANKS

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: USFA J. Adams Engraver??
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 04:35:41 PM »
There are two "J. Adams" engravers.  John Sr. and his son, John Jr..  Both are well regarded engravers and considered to be among the best out there.  Both are independent engravers and both have done contract work for major firearms manufactures.  I don't know what involvement they might have had with USFA.
Here is a link to their web site;
http://www.adamsandadamsengraving.com
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline GaryG

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:39:37 PM »
John and his son, John Jr are out of Vershire VT and probably did at least 70% of the engraving for USFA during my tenure.  John Jr did the Cattlebrand Guns and the JW engraved sets were done by The Adams family though I can't remember which one did the JW series.  Both are great people to work with.  Check out their website www.adamsandadamsengraving.com I know what some of the marketing stuff said, but Dennis Kies was not an employee of USFA but a contractor.  As an aside, Dennis came up with the Dodge Ram logo.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:06:30 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com