Author Topic: Nettleton=Old Armory Original: Entire Production Run?  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Welsh William

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Nettleton=Old Armory Original: Entire Production Run?
« on: October 28, 2011, 11:18:40 PM »
Folks:
USFA's present description of the Nettleton refers to it as an "Old Armory Original." Does this imply that it is manufactured with the true-to-original cylinder size, and smaller frame "window?" If so, has this been true for all of the martially marked SAAs in this series? If the smaller cylinder and frame window have only been recently incorporated in the Nettleton revolvers, does anyone know when this change took place?

Much Obliged,
Welsh William

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: Nettleton=Old Armory Original: Entire Production Run?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »
Welsh,
I would be willing to bet that all of the  Nettletons are built on the larger frames.  The early ones certainly were because they would have been made prior to USFA's introducing the "Old Armory Original" size frame.  USFA web site lists the price of the Nettleton at $1695.  List price for the "original size" frame, with walnut grips (like the Nettleton), is $2425.  If the Nettleton was made on the smaller frame it would probably be priced closer to the $2425 figure.
I think their use of the phrase, "Old Armory Original," most likely refers to their more expensive "armory blue" finish as opposed to their standard "dome blue" finish.  Makes it a bit confusing!
CJF  
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Welsh William

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 06:18:49 PM »
Capt. Fitzgerald:
Thanks for the reply. I figured that may be the case, so I may save up a few extra dollars for one of the dimensionally correct revolvers.
Welsh William

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:21:16 AM »

Offline jphendren

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:09:11 PM »
I know not many of you will believe this, but I have an Ainsworth model, and it is built on the Old Armory Original frame and cylinder.  It has the long trench into V rear sight, just as shown on the Old Armory Original website, and it measures as it should being that model.

Jared

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com