Author Topic: 73 Engraved Sideplates Help  (Read 3323 times)

Offline JD

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
73 Engraved Sideplates Help
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:20:30 AM »
G'Day Guys

A fellow Oz SAS shooter who is lucky enough to be able to attend CAS shoots in the US showed me some 73 Uberti engraved sideplates he obtained on a recent visit that were done by guy with a stall at a shoot he attended but he can't recall who it was.

Apparently, there are various scenes available and his was a cowboy sitting down and he also had his CAS alias engraved along the bottom.

Unfortunately, I will never be able to get to the US so does anyone know who does these picture engraved sideplates so I can contact them to ask if they would be able to supply me with a couple.

Cheers

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: 73 Engraved Sideplates Help
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 11:39:37 AM »
Kelly Laster is very good, very quick, and reasonably inexpensive.  Unfortunately I've lost his address and phone number.

Someone out there can help.

I don't know what's entailed in getting the plates here and back to you.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 638
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 02:04:44 PM »
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:26:22 AM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 04:38:43 PM »
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Lefty Dude

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 09:09:59 PM »
Try Jim Dowling. ;)

Offline JD

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 03:11:39 AM »
Thanks guys

It seems those links are for guys that do awesome original type scroll work whereas I had a feeling the work on the sideplates I saw maybe laser type work.

Apparently the guy/s have stalls at shoots and do it while you wait etc so I would guess it would have to be something quicker than original type engraving.

His sideplates were polished with a type of etching picture and his alias along the bottom.

Hopefully somebody that attends CAS shoots might know who does this and can help with a contact email etc.

Cheers

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »
Like I said!  I had Kelly do a phoenix bird on a case hardened side plate of my '76.  I showed him the one I wanted, he did a quick sketch, I approved it, he traced it onto the metal, and free-handed it with a hand graver.  The whole thing took less than 30 minutes.  

I've seen him do names on back straps without that much preparation, and all of his work is beautiful.

It would help if you had a picture or sketch in mind, but he can work from nothing more than a description and come up with something you'll be happy with.

Offline JD

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »
Thanks Bud

I assumed from looking at his site he was more focussed on the elaborate scroll work but I'll email and see if he can help.

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com