Author Topic: Doing my Rem 58 Action Job  (Read 12312 times)

Offline Fredcdobbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Doing my Rem 58 Action Job
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 03:08:55 PM »
I saw Belevieu's modification to unshroud the Remington nipples so you can use a capper, so I tried it.
About an hour with the Dremel and a half dozen small sanding drums, a blast of parts cleaner, finish up with a small dowel and 400 wet dry paper, cold blue, Ballistol and done.
Also fixed that pesky dropping loading lever by filing for a good solid contact.
A bit of work but I have it whipped into pretty good shape. It perfectly fits my old CAS RV holsters. Also the 1890 Rem in the other.

Well I did fix it. I filed some metal off the top of the loading lever just behind the ketch. I also relieved the area on the part on the barrel so the nose of the loading lever could move upward. I also deepened the notch a tad. Now it snaps in just fine.
I thought I could tap on the recepticle with a hammer but just succeeded in loosening the dove tail so it slid out of the barrel. I had to fix that goof by tamping down the edges of the dovetail with a brass hammer and putting the recepticle back on the gun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com