Author Topic: Pedersoli-Trapdoor Sight update. Replacement sourced  (Read 504 times)

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 100
Pedersoli-Trapdoor Sight update. Replacement sourced
« on: July 24, 2023, 07:22:10 AM »
Hey all,
New topic since several indicated they too had lost their slide on the rear sight.   I can be a dog with a bone, so when I realized I had lost it (Drydock pointed out my sight was weird, I adjusted it because it would get wonky all the time.  I think the screw was stripped as it would never really tighten), I sent emails to Pedersoli and Dixie Gunworks.   I always find Dixie to be an amazing resource.    VTI only carries the screw, Pedersoli answered and said they would be sending one (I am not holding my breath as I order wine from Italy quite a bit and it takes its own sweet time getting here).   So, I was looking at original sights and Dale had sent me towards ebay.  As I was reactivating my Ebay account, I got an email from Dixie.   Dixie has them, but they are not a catalog item.  Slide, screw and backer plate $27.50.    Shipping to me was 9.50 and of course I ordered their catalog because I have not gotten one in a couple of years.   So, if you have lost your Pedersoli slide sight, call Dixie and ask to speak to the gunsmith.   It took them a while to get back to me via the initial email, so I would call.   

Offline Whitehorse Lane

• Active citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3971
  • GAF #: 891
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
Re: Pedersoli-Trapdoor Sight update. Replacement sourced
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 02:45:01 PM »
when my Pedersoli carbine leaf/slide came apart I ordered an original from Grandpa's guns.
I tried Pedersoli, they had a replacement in Italy, 90.00 plus shipping.
Fit perfectly, point of aim didn't change at all.
The original slide/leaf is a much better design.
White Horse Lane
Commander 9th Kentucky Cavalry (Retired)
GAF #891
NCOW #3971

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com