Author Topic: How come the replies Joss's post on joining NCOWS were deleted?  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
We gave legit answers to the question posed.

Mustang Gregg
was NCOWS #1814
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: How come the replies Joss's post on joining NCOWS were deleted?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 07:07:33 AM »
Danny:
That's why I just gave a short answer & didn't make a lot of negative statements.
I just put a 4.
I reckoned by the question, you wanted real actual answers from anyone who read the post.
Gregg
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 08:03:09 AM »
Gregg:

I don't like to see things deleted or locked, either, but I have to agree with Joss, here. The post was designed to ask folks who had never been members why they had not joined and perhaps encourage them to consider membership.

The topic was "why haven't you joined NCOWS" rather than "why did you get mad and quit NCOWS." There is a difference.

I understand that in your particular case, continuing to shoot your Ruger Bisleys -- which were not formally approved firearms -- was more important than NCOWS membership. While I may personally disagree, you have every right to that decision and I respect it. But the topic was beginning to deteriorate into a dead horse beating about an issue than was decided by the Congress more than a year ago. We need to get beyond these spilt milk divisions and get on with working to improve the organization for the many who do wish to be members.

I don't believe these actions should in any way be construed as personal. I think it was more of an attempt to prevent the thread from being further hijacked away from its original intent.

Feel free to drop me an e-mail or PM and I'll be happy to chat more about it.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Advertising

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 08:28:01 AM »
Joss, since you are not a moderator on this forum and a current E-board member, on what authority can you make an action like you did?  As a current NCOWS member I do not think E-Board officials should be taking this kind of action which could be construed as censorship....
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Offline Ottawa Creek Bill

• Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 08:38:32 AM »
WW said:
As a current NCOWS member I do not think E-Board officials should be taking this kind of action which could be construed as censorship....
Joss,
I could really do great things with this, but the little angel in me and the sacred oath I gave at the first of the year is telling me not to. I'm trying to be a NICE person, but how can I with so many mal-contents..... :( :(

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Offline Lone Gunman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The Lone Gunman ...as himself
    • Lone-Gunman.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 09:01:10 AM »
Joss, since you are not a moderator on this forum and a current E-board member, on what authority can you make an action like you did?  As a current NCOWS member I do not think E-Board officials should be taking this kind of action which could be construed as censorship....

WW, I'm surprised  :o  that such a prodigious netster as yourself wouldn't be more familiar with how these forums work.  His "authority" to modify his post has absolutely nothing to do with his being on the E-Board or with being a moderator...it was because it was HIS original topic.  Anyone who posts anywhere in CAS City can edit ANY of their posts at ANY time. If that post is the initial topic then they can edit, delete or lock that topic anytime they want.

There are no superpowers or special privileges involved  ::)
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 10:33:38 AM »
Well I missed most of that.  When I last read the post it was very positive.  But since I do have a life outside this forum I was gone when people started becoming negative.Since, as Lone Gunman said, this was Joss House's topic and he started it as more of a recruiting tool I support him in his decision.

If this current thread becomes a pissing contest I'll move it to the closed chamber.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 09:02:54 PM »

Maybe Joss  was talking with George Glenn and ......

Sorry, I couldn't resist.... ;D :D  Sorry Skip, you know I'm pulling your leg....
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com