Author Topic: Rossi 92 parts- will older interarms era parts fit newer guns?  (Read 165 times)

Offline Ironbadger

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I am planning to get a new made Rossi 92 lever gun.

But I despise the toggle safeties they make them with.

There is a potential fix...If the older Interarms era bolts that do not have these safeties will fit the newer guns.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I would assume the parts can be made to fit unless the dimensions are significantly different.

After my experiences with Italian percussion revolvers.. I assume nothing anymore.

Thanks.

Badger

Offline Froogal

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3882
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 597
Re: Rossi 92 parts- will older interarms era parts fit newer guns?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:39:52 AM »
Wife and I have a pair of those Rossi's. Hers is 38/.357 and mine is .45 Colt. The safety thing on hers seemed to become activated all by itself and then the rifle would not fire when she wanted. I neutered the darn thing. It looks like it is still there, but it cannot be activated.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:05:35 AM »

:) Iron Badger  ;)

There is a much more elegant and cheaper solution.  Contact Nate Kiowa Jones (Steve Young) at Stevesgunz.  He offers a nifty little kit that eliminates that stupid safety.  The only remnant of the safety is Steve's little "button" plug which disappears at 6 feet.

While you're at it, buy Steve's DVD for tuning up the Rossi and his Spring Kit.  You won't believe the difference it will make in the gun.

No, I don't receive promotional considerations, remunerations, or even acknowledgement from Stevesgungz.  Steve is just a fellow gunsmith whom I recommend.

Advertising

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:25:57 AM »

:) Iron Badger  ;)

Oopsies.  I neglected your original question.  I honestly don't know.  Whenever I worked on '92s I simply worked on the OEM parts.  I never tried swapping between manufacturers.  I will say, to most outward appearances, everybody copies the original '92 fairly closely.  It doesn't take much for something to NOT FIT however.

Steve at Stevesgunz would be a much better source.  If he doesn't know, nobody does.

Offline Ironbadger

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Hm, clicking on stuff on stevesgunz causes my antivirus alert to pop up.

He may have gotten hacked and not be aware of it.

Since you know him, you may want to let him know.

In case it just my anti virus being overachieving, I'd like to ask if someone here would like to look up the site to confirm or deny similar results.

Thanks.

Badger

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1225
Howdy Ironbadger,
I just checked https://stevesgunz.com and everything is fine on this end. This is on a Windows 11 laptop with McAfee security. Note that on the "Store" tab, the following message appears:

"Steve is currently experiencing some health issues.
He will be back in touch with his customers as soon as possible.
Also, shipping has slowed down during this time.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sari Young, Steve's wife"

I wish him well.

Offline Ironbadger

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Okay.
Must be onmy end then.
hanks for checking for me.

I saw the message about delays, I was just trying to check the details.
I haven't picked up a Rossi 92 yet, so theres no rush for the parts to fix the wonky safety.

Can't buy them locally because I have yet to find a gun shop in Orange county California that stocks anything Rossi.
(Oh how I miss B&B gun sales in Westminster...)

Badger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com