Author Topic: A thread to abuse Leo for not knowin' who Hoppy is (+ now for other mistakes)  (Read 91384 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A thread to abuse Leo for not knowin' who Hoppy is
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 03:16:05 AM »
"On You Huskies! On YUKON KING!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 12:54:30 PM »
Yu who? 

Yukon King. I ‘member ‘im, #4.

Used ta shoot out of Tennessee er Kentucky. Double Duelist. Had a brother named Sky.

Can’t recall the name of the home club right now. It was the one Jingles ran.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 01:28:33 PM »
Arcey,  Is that Jingles P Jones?  "Hey, Wild Bill, wait for me."  "Oh, The Pops are sweeter and the taste is new, they're shot with sugar through and through."  "Sugar Pops are Tops".    You also forgot about Uncle Sky's nephew, Clipper.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 02:22:06 PM »
Just knew ‘im as Jingles. Big fellah. Kindah goofy. Drove a Jeep ‘n shot Modern. Don’t know if either of our Wild Bills know ‘im or not. We got two shoots with us.

Sugar Pops was/is outtah Michigan if I remember right. He might ah been the one suffocated when he got sealed up inna foil bag. Sad.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 02:30:13 PM »
Well, nananananan, I know "John Wayne" ;D

http://www.ermal.com/

Scroll down to the picture with him by the statue, sold him the shirt and vest and shaped the hat and sold it to him also. ;D

BTW was funny when he tried on the shirt, came out of the dressing room and was lookin' in the 3-Way mirror, lady came up the stairs, saw him and did a jaw drop.  He just turned, looked at her and said, "Well Pilgrim, do ya think it makes my butt look big." ;D

Poor lady 'bout lost it. :o
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 03:12:09 PM »
He sure does bear a resemblance.

I've prolly told this story somewhere in here before, but nananana.  My Dad (not Tex) played highschool football with one of the Duke's sons.  They got ta be pals, and he would hang out at their house all the time.  Sit down an have dinner with the Duke.
That musta really been somethin, but Dad plays it off like it were no big deal.
     I imagine life going ta Hollywood High in the 50's would kinda numb ya to those things.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 03:15:33 PM »
I met Ermal on an American Airlines flight to Arizona. I upgraded to fIRST CLASS and was able to meet him on the flight. I ordered a Red River D belt buckle and a video of him on Duke's yacht "The Wild Goose" which was an old minesweeper.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 03:19:49 PM »
Leo, That was probably Michael, he was John's oldest son.  He ran BatJac productions and help produce John's movies. He died about 7 0r 8 years ago.  Michael looked like a ball player, he was big like John.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 03:50:15 PM »
The answer is but a phone call away.  I'll look into it.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008, 04:17:34 PM »
Well, nananananan, I know "John Wayne" ;D

http://www.ermal.com/

Hey Del, that's the fellow they had at the conference I went to in September!  Think he had the same shirt and hat on too!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 05:07:59 PM »
Ermal is a cool guy.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 05:16:41 PM »
Leo, That was probably Michael, he was John's oldest son.  He ran BatJac productions and help produce John's movies. He died about 7 0r 8 years ago.  Michael looked like a ball player, he was big like John.

Here's one that Micheal produced also had brother Patrick and Ethan Wayne, also Robert Mitchum's Son in it.   The fella playin' Trooper is my good friend/cowboy mentor Jim Burk

Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 05:48:14 PM »
He3 was also in "The Undefeated".

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2008, 06:06:14 PM »
He3 was also in "The Undefeated".

the list is a long one
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2008, 06:11:01 PM »
I'm surprised that I never met him. We had a lot of movie people at those celebrity team ropings we had in the late 80s. That's where I met Ben Johnson and Buck.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2008, 08:24:59 PM »
My Dad always had a wierd habbit of running inta celebs.  For those who think CA is littered with 'em it just aint so. 
      I wasn't gonna mention this one, but then I remembered there are quite a few Quigley fans out there.
Dad was workin in Carmel and lookin fer a space in a parking lot.  Finally found a spot and got cut off by a red Ferrari.  The guy drivin it says, "Parking here is the s**ts isn't it.  It was Tom Selleck. 
     He ran inta ole Clint down there there too when he was the mayor.  Just dumb luck endin' up in the same elevator with him.
The list goes on an on.  Dad don't tell them stories unless ya ask him directly.  Never been out ta impress anyone.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 01:52:06 AM »
Back in the 80's, we had a bunch of celebrity team ropins, team penning, and cuttings over in Fort Worth at the Stockyards and the Old Northside colesium. They had the first indoor rodeo there in the early 1900's.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 02:23:20 AM »
Did they make PBR in the early 1900's?
Can't have an indoor rodeo without PBR banners hangin' everywhere ;D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 06:00:01 AM »
We used to have a PBR event in Fort Worth till the American Airlines Center was built. It was moved over there.  The last PBR show in Fort Worth was the night Jerome Davis broke his neck and became paralyzed.  We have the Texas Stampede at the AA Center next weekend. It's the last rodeo before the NFR in Las Vegas.   Tuff Hedeman has the CBR and they have a bull riding over in Fort Worth at the Will Rogers Collesium in Feb.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 06:48:16 AM »
We got Monster Trucks weekend after next in Hampton.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com