Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1296311 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #2020 on: April 28, 2012, 05:42:39 AM »
Cleveland's 1st round pick went to Oklahoma State, where I went. He is 26 years old and was a pitcher in the Yankee's organization. He's bigger and stronger than Colt. Colt is more suited to a "Wildcat" type offense. Colt is a lot like Tebow.  RGIII is another QB that is more suited to a "Wildcat" offense. He and the Women's basketball team have put Baylor on the map. My wife graduated from Baylor and she is really of the accomplishments of the Baylor athletic programs this year.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2021 on: April 28, 2012, 07:43:31 AM »
Don't much care how Griffin plays long's he puts points up.

Get's better'n last night's NNS race I wanna be here ta see it. Impressive run for Blaney's kid.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #2022 on: April 28, 2012, 10:27:15 AM »
Last night's Nationwide finish was one of the best I seen in a long time....  Beat'n on it to the finish...  ;D

Tonight will be JR"s!   ;)  ;)  ;)

Go 88
Ride'n herd tonight, have ta get the skivvy tomorrow morning...   :P  :P  :P
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Advertising

« Reply #2023 on: Today at 04:31:39 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #2023 on: April 28, 2012, 12:44:25 PM »
Brownies finally drafted a receiver, out of Miami of Fla. ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2024 on: April 29, 2012, 09:01:18 AM »
'Skins took some new blood for the OL. Don't know any of 'em. Did read one of 'em by the name of Josh LeRibeus (SMU) supposed ta have a real nasty mean streak in 'im. I guess it's still acceptable ta knock the hell out a defender. 'Nother quarterback. Couple other late picks that don't seem too important but good ta have in camp.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2025 on: April 30, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »
Congrats gto the Busch Brothers forf their wins at Richmond. Arcey, I hope that RGIII puts some zip in the Skins offense. I saw where Dallas drafted a WR ou of VT, I don't remember his name. I was disappointed that only 2 TCU players were drafted, Buffalo drafted "Tank" Carder at LB and a WR was drafted by one of thee other teams.  SMU had a pretty good team this past year. They signed the coach from Hawaii(June Jones) in 2010 and he made the3m a winner again. SMU hasn't had a good team since Eric Dickerson and Craig James played there.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2026 on: May 01, 2012, 05:12:52 AM »
Keepin' positive, Tex. He can' hurt nothin'. Lookin' forward ta seein' 'im on the field.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2027 on: May 01, 2012, 07:30:05 AM »
The kid's name from VT that Dallas drafted is Coale. I wish they had drafted some OL help. Most of their draft picks were defensive players. They drafted the kid from VT at WR and a TE from OU. They lost Bennett(TE) to the Giants in free agency.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2028 on: May 02, 2012, 07:11:40 AM »
The rag was followin' the VT drafts. They're kinda queer fer that school. Did an article on an eligible ODU kid (DL) but I ain't seen a followup. A VT corner showed up it the combine 'n flunked the drug test - brilliant.........

Ain't much bein' said 'bout it but I'm thinkin' one the best moves the 'Skins have made so far is gettin' rid of Laron Landry. Really liked his aggression but he missed tackles half the time 'n he's hurt 'n off the field way too much.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2029 on: May 03, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »
Dallas sadly lacks a pass rush and the secondary is as ragged as my undershorts. Hopefully the draft will make them more competetive in 2012. Romo needs to go elsewhere and the OL needs some replacements. I have become a Giants and Jets fan in the offseason.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2030 on: May 05, 2012, 06:25:01 AM »
I watched the last part of the ARCA race from Talledega last night. They had one BIG wreck near the end. It was neat to see Larry McReynolds son win his first race. Larry brought his son to Victory Lane at Talledega when he was only a year old, Davey Allison had won the race and Larry Mac was his crew chief. Larry's  son was leading at Daytona this year when he ran out of gas near the end of the race.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2031 on: May 05, 2012, 05:43:51 PM »
Well, WhiteBread won the Nationwide race at Talledega tonight and Kyle Busch finished 2nd. More wrecks in store for tomorrow.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2032 on: May 05, 2012, 11:53:16 PM »
I hope the McClure kid is okay, after being cut out of his car. They flew him by helo to Birmingham to the hospital.  Wonder Wimp done won hisself a pole for the race tomorrow. I hope that is all the luck he gets this weekend and that him and 5 time finish near the back of the field.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2033 on: May 06, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »
I guess I put the hoodoo on Wonder Wimp and 5 time for the race today. I really thought that Kensett and Biffle would be there for the win, instead, it's Keslowski and Kyle Busch that finish 1 and 2.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2034 on: May 06, 2012, 06:23:07 PM »
Happy to see that all the Gibber-Gabber is done on the Sports World version of the "Fairness Doctrine" is behind.....   ::)  ::)  ::)

NNW:
Don't know who White Bread is but Sliced Bread is li'l Joey's nick name and in Super Speedway style he ditched the Toad to hang 'em out at the finish line to take the WIN!.....  NICE

Had to laugh how Danica Patrick put it to Sam Hornish Jr at the end..... Flat Tire my Arse!!!  Wonder what Uncle Mike had to say to the Pretty li'l Girl....  ???....   :D  :D  :D

Eric McClure is one tough fella....  God Bless safe walls 'n HANS!..... {In remembrance of Dale Sr. 'n Adam Petty}

Race Day!

The Toad couldn't or wouldn't get the Blue Deuce for a win ..... ain't that a shame... gotta hand it to 'em; two 2nds is GOOD! :-\

JR is still within a swat of them Roush Fenway Racing Boys....  GOOD Stuff!  ;)  ;)  ;)

Lady in Black NEXT!.....  Tempers 'n Stripes

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2035 on: May 08, 2012, 09:59:13 AM »
Arcey, I heard over the weekend that Kurt Busch would be leaving James Finch at the end of this year and going to the Furniture Row team with Regan Smith as a 2 Car team next year.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2036 on: May 08, 2012, 08:21:03 PM »
Arcey, I heard over the weekend that Kurt Busch would be leaving James Finch at the end of this year and going to the Furniture Row team with Regan Smith as a 2 Car team next year.

Haven't heard anything locally 'bout our West of the Mississippi Mile High Race'n team expanding to two rides..... but ya never know with all the secrecy....... :-\  :-\

R.C. is just soooooo smart that he'll know....  tooooo early for silly season i ;)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2037 on: May 09, 2012, 06:48:00 AM »
If yer local didn't pick up on it, Tex, this is the latest from the AP.

Shanahan says RGIII will be starter from Day One

Robert Griffin III already has the No. 1 quarterback job with the Washington Redskins.

Coach Mike Shanahan said Sunday that the Heisman Trophy winner from Baylor will work with the starters when the Redskins begin full offseason practices later this month.

Said Shanahan: "He's the starter. Period."

Griffin completed a three-day rookie camp Sunday, a little over a week after he was selected second overall by the Redskins in the NFL draft.

Griffin wore a No. 10 jersey with "Griffin III" on the back — plus gold shoes with burgundy laces.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2038 on: May 09, 2012, 07:02:07 AM »
Arcey, We had heard about him being named the starter and the possibility of Beck being released. We may have to be Skins fans on the down low. I haven't been a Cowboys fan since Jerry bought the Cowboys.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2039 on: May 09, 2012, 07:40:09 PM »
Arcey, We had heard about him being named the starter and the possibility of Beck being released. We may have to be Skins fans on the down low. I haven't been a Cowboys fan since Jerry bought the Cowboys.

DANG TLD!!!!!  that was a long long time ago.....  Brings back some other memeries::::::: Don NcLean  :'(  :'(  :'(

A long long time ago
I can still remember how
That music used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while
But February made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step
I can't remember if I cried
When I read about his widowed bride
But something touched me deep inside
**The day the music died**...............OR.......................  The Day Jerry bought the Dallas Cowboys!
So

[Chorus]
Bye, bye Miss American Pie......................OR.................. BYE Bye America's Team
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey in Rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die

Did you write the PLAYbook of Offence 'nlove
And do you have faith in God above
If the Bible tells you so?
Now do you believe in rock and roll?
Can music save your mortal soul?
And can you teach me how to dance real slow?

Well, I know Back in the DAYthat you're in love with himRoger
Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym
You both kicked off your shoes
Man, I dig those rhythm and blues
I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck
With a pink carnation and a pickup truck
But I knew I was out of luck
The day the music died
I started singin'

[Chorus]

Now, for ten years we've been on our own
And moss grows fat on a rolling stone
But, that's not how it used to be
When the jester sang for the king and queen
In a coat he borrowed from James Dean
And a voice that came from you and me
Oh and while the king Tom was looking down
The jester Jierry stole his thorny crown
The courtroom was adjourned
No verdict was returned
And while LeninJimmy read a Playbook on Marx
The quartet practiced in the park
And we sang dirges in the dark
The day the music died.................Jerry  bought the Dallas Cowboys
We were singin'

[Chorus]

Helter skelter in a summer swelter
The birds flew off with a fallout shelter
Eight miles high and falling fast
It landed foul on the grass
The players tried for a forward pass
With the jesterJerry on the sidelines in THE a cast
Now the half-time air was sweet perfume
While sergeants played a marching tune
We all got up to dance
Oh, but we never got the chance
Cause the players tried to take the field
The marching band refused to yield
Do you recall what was revealed
The day the music died?...........Jerry bought the Cowboys
We started singin'

[Chorus]

Oh, and there we were all in one place
A generation lost in space
With no time left to start again
So come on Jack{Berry} be nimble, Jack{Berry} be quick
Jack {Berrry} Flash sat on a candlestick
Cause fire is the devil's only friend
And as I watched him on the stage
My hands were clenched in fists of rage
No angel born in Hell
Could break that Satan's spell
And as the flames climbed high into the night
To light the sacrificial rite
I saw Satan laughing with delight
The day the music died...................Jerry bought the Dallas Cowboys
He was singin'

[Chorus]

I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away
I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd heard the music years before
But the man there said the music wouldn't play
And in the streets the children screamed
The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed
But not a word was spoken
The church bells all were broken
And the three men I admire most-
the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost-Tom / Jimmy / Berry
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the music died...................Jerry Bought the Cowboys
And they were singing

[Chorus:Repeat x2}

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com