Author Topic: Cheater...Loading Lever Extension  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • SASS #: 30699
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Cheater...Loading Lever Extension
« on: November 14, 2005, 10:15:27 PM »
Just received my Uberti '51 Navies shortened to 5 1/2" by Rowdy Yates.  Any suggestions on what to use as a loading lever extension handle?
I never, in my life, took any mean advantage of an enemy, but I never allowed a man to get the drop on me either.
http://www.tamebill.com/

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cheater...Loading Lever Extension
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 10:50:18 PM »
The 44cals (US Marshall) are even harder to stoke. I drilled a 2" deep 3/8" diameter hole in the end of a hardwood dowel (2"- 4" chunk of chair rung or garden tool handle), bevele the edges, round off the opposite end and slide it over the rammer. Makes a nice cheater.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 07:19:50 PM »
The pards at Powder Inc. have a loading stand that takes ALL the pain out of loading C&B cylinders.  I'm going to start stocking them as part of my regular invintory.  I sent one along to a very good pard in the UK.  He loves it.  Before I sent it along, I had a long look for myself.  It's very well made and ends the chore of having too little leverage with the pistol rammer.

One more thing, I'm thinkn' there will be less broken parts by using the cylinder loading stand.  They run about $55 and will work with must about any C&B cylinder made.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:29:04 PM »

Offline Cactus Cris

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 05:37:02 PM »
T. Bill- The rod went out 1st class yesterday.

DD- The loading machine from Bro Dave works great for ROA's & 58's but not as well for the Colts.  It's the wedge thing and having to remove the barrel etc.  Lots more work.  I like the stand for my Colts.
Darksider- Gpa of 5- Rabid  C&Br,   DGB, Scorrs, ACSA, RSCAS,TONTO RIMM,  SASS #2790, 31 & counting Clean match's

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com