Author Topic: Cimarron SA cylinder locked up  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Rev Willy Duncum

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cimarron SA cylinder locked up
« on: November 03, 2011, 07:41:23 AM »
A friend of mine has a Cimarron 45LC SAA, stock gun, that he was shooting in a CAS match last weekend.  It hasn't seen much work but is about 5 yrs old.  The cylinder locked up.  It appears the "indexing thing" that is spring loaded on the bottom of the frame won't move.  It stays locked in the cylinder. 

With the cylinder out, it has spring tension but pulling the hammer back, it does not retract. 

Any suggestions?
Preacher of the Old Order Dunkards, down by the river, drop in sometime.

He needed a lot of baptizin' so I just held him under a little too long.  And your point is?

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1224
Re: Cimarron SA cylinder locked up
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 08:20:24 AM »
Howdy Rev,
That "indexing thing" is called the bolt.  My first guess would be that the leg of the bolt that rides against the hammer cam has broken off.  Needs a new bolt.  You would need to take it apart to be sure.  You can get one from vtigunparts.com or Cimarron or Taylors (if purchasing from other than Cimarron, the model of the gun will be Cattleman).  A new bolt generally requires some fitting to ensure proper timing.

Offline Rev Willy Duncum

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 06:05:53 PM »
Thanks Abilene!  When you mentioned "bolt" that's what my old befuddled brain meant. 

I have the wherewithall to take it apart and such but if its not a drop in part, I'll leave that to the professionals.  I'll let him know to send it to the gunsmith and where to find the parts. 

Preacher of the Old Order Dunkards, down by the river, drop in sometime.

He needed a lot of baptizin' so I just held him under a little too long.  And your point is?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:10:12 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com