Author Topic: Two new six shooters  (Read 3499 times)

Offline Two Rivers Marshal

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Two new six shooters
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:56:29 PM »
Howdy, new here and looking for some help.  I have the option to purchase a couple guns to help get me started in CAS.  On one side, I can buy 2 Uberti Cattleman's in 45LC 41/2"bbl for 283.00 each.  On the other hand, I could buy 2 Taurus Gaucho's in 45LC 5"bbl for 399.00 each. 

Does anyone have any help in which direction I should go. I know others would lean towards other brands, really dont know much about the Taurus guns.  I dont have a big budget so the Uberti's would really fit my budget better, but if the Taurus is a better piece, the extra funds might become available. 
Rats # 458

Offline oldwolf

• Mountain Man
  • Active citizen
  • Long Live the Sixgun!
  • Liked:
Re: Two new six shooters
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 08:06:43 PM »
I would say buy American. But that is just me.
Regards,
OldWolf

Offline sharps54

• Top Active Citizen
  • Alias Mild Myles
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 10:19:06 PM »
Howdy Two Rivers Marshal,
The Gaucho's are pretty new and I don't know how they will hold up. I think they have a different lockwork then the Colt style Uberti and might be stronger. If they don't bind like some of the Taurus double actions they would probably be fine. One thing the Gaucho's will have is Taurus' lifetime warranty. If you can work on the Cattlemen or know someone that can or aren't going to shoot everyweekend I would go with the Uberti's out of habit. If you won't be working on them and don't have a pard that can and plan on shooting the snot out of them the Taurus' might be worth a look. At that price you should be close to a Ruger though, just a thought.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:39:40 PM »

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • "To sing, to laugh, to dream, cock my hat, or gun"
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 06:53:04 PM »
Welll, I wasn't going to reply but--- Mr. Sharps 54 mentioned "Ruger" I love Rugers, they're my "main-match revolvers!"
Won't shoot nothing else. My son, however, is not as 'loyal" to the Ruger line as I. He owns and shoots an Uberti and likes it. "sa la vie"  "To each his own," as the saying goes. The MSRP on a new Vaquero is $609.00 according to their 2007 catalog. Which is no where close to the price you quote for a brace of either the Uberti or the Taurus If you have access to a FFL gun dealer go through them and you'll save a few bucks. I haven't had the honor of shooting a Taurus of any make or model, but I have shot my son's Uberti and while it shoots well 1.5 five shot groups at 15-20 yards, I still prefer my OM Vaqueros which if I do my part; are capable of 3/4 to 1" groups at the same distances.
 Anyways pardner the choice is yours so choose your revolver.
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com