Author Topic: 'HOLY GRAIL' OF CANADIAN MILITARY HANDGUN COLLECTING ACQUIRED - NOW RECEIVED!  (Read 14720 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Grant - once again you break our hearts with your latest acquisition! Would you consider adopting me ....?

In my Regular Army days, the Inglis/Browning 9mm was issued to Sr. NCOs and Officers only. I'm glad to see the pics of the current soldiers (especially the one packing the C-7 MiniMi SAW) wearing the Inglis. I never knew an Officer that I couldn't out shoot with my personal (and illegal non-issue commercial FN made Browning Hi-Power) that I was allowed to shoot occasionally during annual qualification.
They service life of the grand old pistol will probably not extend long past the impending final retreat from Kandahar, the gov't announcing plans for contract submissions for a replacement. It's almost certain to be another 9mm of some type, probably a plastic framed 'wonder nine'. The Inglis/Brownings will be chopped into scrap rather than be sold off to recoup or off set costs of the replacement.
This puzzles me, as there are a lot of Inglis/Brownings out there on the market for sale. They couldn't all be stolen, so Crown Assets must have declared some legal for sale.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Charles Isaac

• Grand Army of the Frontier
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Congratulations on a rare and exciting find Sir!

And thank you for the pictures-the one that shows both the reproduction and the original is of special interest as it illustrates the approximate 1/8th larger size of the Colt. I find the original guns to handle and balance much better than the repros.

This is a wonderful acquisition!

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
The Lower Canada that I got to hold is for sale.  If anyone is interested let me know and I will tell you where it is located.

T-Joe
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Advertising

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com