Author Topic: Happy 4th To My Friends on the Plains  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Happy 4th To My Friends on the Plains
« on: July 04, 2015, 03:29:45 PM »
Guys,

I just wanted to take a moment and wish you a safe, happy fourth of July holiday. This country was founded on such high hopes and although we have stumbled and fallen often despite our many successes, the greatness lies in our freedom to stand up and try again.

I did not start this thread to start a political rant or debate; rather, I want you to remember brave young men who stood on concord green.

Remember brave men who struggled and fought against the greatest army of the world to assert their rights as British subjects, and later as the guardians of a new nation.

Remember our Founding Father's belief that each individual is born free to pursue his/her God-given potential and the long journey it started that would eventually eradicate slavery, gain voting rights for all and fuel the dreams of generations, worldwide.

Remember the men assembled in the heat of a summer day in 1776 to affirm our independence signing what could have easily been their death warrants had the war ended another way.

Remember that you are what you allow yourself to be called. If you allow yourself to be identified as a "victim" or a "slave", you will think like a victim and a slave. If you see yourself for the man you are and pursue your potential to ever improve, you will be someone worthy of respect and admiration. If you call yourself a man and a rugged individual, you also will have the heart of a lion despite age, infirmity or small stature. (This goes out to the ladies as well, but let's be honest, it's mostly guys here so I'm speaking to you.

Thank you for affirming your 2nd amendment rights and assuming the strong sense of personal accountability that accompanies it. In a world of wolves, sheep and sheepdogs, I count myself fortunate to run in the company of sheepdogs such as those found on this site.

My sincere blessings and best wishes go with you on this great day.

-Dave
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com