Author Topic: GAF MATCH DISTANCES  (Read 1347 times)

Offline MUD MARINE

• Brevet Captain, Marine Commander Dept of the Platte
  • Very Active Citizen
  • DeptPlatte, Brevet Capt, USMC, SASS, CFDA, BPCR
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
GAF MATCH DISTANCES
« on: July 13, 2009, 11:36:43 PM »
Do GAF revolver or pistol matches use 50 yard targets for slow fire and 25 yard targets for timed fire?

Do GAF rifle matches use 100 yard targets for rifles?

Border Marauders of Eastport, Idaho is a SASS club and a CFDA club affiliated with the Kootenay Valley Rifle and Pistol Club of Bonners Ferry, Idaho. We have a cowboy action range and a 200 yard range in Eastport and have both indoor and outdoor NRA conventional pistol ranges in Bonners Ferry. We love to shoot and actively recruit all shooters including the very young and the very old of both genders. (Being Idahoans, that is all the genders that we have,)

We have decided to offer GAF matches in conjunction with our regulary featured shoots. Naturally, we would like to have them comply with the rules!   :-)
:-)

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: GAF MATCH DISTANCES
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 11:58:33 PM »
You may be confusing our postal match with our Musters.  The Muster is a CAS style combat match.

For Muster shooting, GAF has no set rules for targets.  However, we typicaly use CAS style targets at CAS typical ranges.  Our ammunition is loaded to CAS spec, so the use of CAS targets and ranges makes the most sense. In addition. most of our competitors are CAS/SASS folks transitioning/trying out our types of weapons.  And our combat scenarios best use this type of arrangement.

I shoot with a local SASS club that allows me to use my GAF weapons as a seperate class under GAF rules.  I load as per GAF, engaging their targets as they do, reloading as needed, while ignoring the shotgun targets.   Great fun, and generates a lot of interest.

If you have not allready, please read "GAF class structure and Battle Rifle Standards".
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com